Anybody Planning To Sale-Out If Gas keeps Going Up?

David Lanham

Just curios if anyone is pondering about selling-out if gas prices hits a certain mark.

$4/gal just may push me over the edge, not sure though.

No doubt we've only see the beginning of continually rising gas prices. Especially in consideration of ever-increasing oil demands by China and Pakistan. Least that's what the media is forecasting. Heck, they're talking about $4/Gal this summer.

Seems like everything we buy is made in China. This has no doubt raised the standard of living in China which allows Chinese blue-collar types to buy cars with are $s. Then they need fuel for their cars.

What a global mess

I'll always boat though, I'll just get a 10 foot John with a 9.9 then tow it with my 38 MPG 1995 Tercel (Point A to Point B beater). Wonder if i can get an ET cut on a 9 inch pitch wheel. Lol

Darth VMAX

I was trying to do something to help, (sell my 2.6L carb and get mignums 200 Vmax HPDI) but events have taken place and I will have to stay with my gas sucking carb LOL

Still don't plan on sellin

chad202

From what I've read, this country(economy) could not survive with gas that high.

GotMyAlly

I think Chad is right......I think there will be a crash if gas goes to $4/gal.

But no....I won't sell out. I'll save gas in other ways, ie. more multi-day trips & fewer single day trips to save on gas in the truck.

Texan

I remember when gas went from .50 to .70 and we thought that the end was in sight. That was in the day of 17-18% mortgages in the mid-late '70's. Will I sell? No. I'll adjust. That's what everyone did back then. That's what we'll do now. Is there a crash in site? I won't pontificate that notion, but my gut is that we'll survive - lick our wounds and move on. Meanwhile, on the other side of this adjustment, we'll be better for it if we keep it close to out chest. Politics aside, that's my plan.

RedAllison

Sell outs azz, I'm lookin forward to everyone else stayin off the water so I got more spaces and open water to enjoy!!!

Ask Neal, Andy and Jeffro... I've gone the last 4 trips out in my XB21 and still have 1/2 a tank of fuel left. That 225SportXS MAKES gas. :beer: I'm on cloud nine with this thing. The Direct Injection 150 Brude on my deckboat get surprisingly good mileage as well. I cussed those DFIs at first, but now that I got 2 of em and have put them through their paces I wouldn't take a farm in GA for em!

I've said for the last 2 summers that FINALLY high gas was gonna keep people off the lake. Then I'd stand in amazement at the boat ramp and wait my turn to launch! :confused: It's like my uncle who was a marine dealer in the 70s usta say, "Folks GONNA find a way to pay for their fun no matter WHAT!"

$4 gas crashin the economy? NAWP get used to it, it's COMIN. Maybe even by rally time. There's a "new excuse" each day for high fuel prices, but the Euro vs the dollar is one REAL problem right now and that's NOT goin away anytime soon. We're paying $100 for a barrel of oil. The Europeans only hafta pay $50-$75 Euros for that same barrel of oil because their currency is so much stronger. That's partially why the ragheads are wanting to quit basing their oil on the U.S. dollar. BUT on the flip side that cheap U.S. dollar keeps foreign investment into the U.S. strong and keeps U.S. export demands strong globally. So it's all a trade and wash in the end. Pay now or pay later...

I saw diesel today at $3.58. Our nation RUNS on diesel, if that don't kill it first then $4 87octane aint gonna kill us either. The ones taking it on the chin are the "extras" retailers like Starbucks ($4 cups of coffee) and frivilous things like low end "luxury" items bought by the middle class. Those kinds of businesses are getting HAMMERED right now. But what are most of us gonna do, quit goin to work? NOPE we'll just cut elsewhere to make up for it. My wife will have to use the kitchen ALOT more in a weeks time versus the drive-thru and eating out before we give up playin in the boats this summer.

My biggest fear is domestic credit card debt, the debt owed on those is about to come calling once this housing "crisis" washes out. Folks just chargin and chargin like no tomorrow. A fall out of the credit card debt is what will take the banking system down faster than the housing/real estate market. The mortgages were half way solidified with real estate backing the loans and single digit interest rates to being with. (A bank might've loaned $300K on a house now worth $250K but their loss is $50K. If they have $300K in credit card debt that goes south they are STUCK with $300K in bad debt!) Double digit interest credit card profits is what has kept banks going this far. Remove that profit center and it's "KATY BAR THE DOOR"!!! :cuss

See ya in Savannah in June!!! :at the bar
RA

ps
DON'T fall for the "Asian commodity demand" crap either. China and India both are slowing down considerably. OUR economy drives the globe, plain and simple. Once our cash spigots are turned off you'll see those countries economies HEMORAGE as a result. WE ARE STILL THE 800# GORILLA and the global "powers that be" know it. They just hope no one realizes it before it's to late. China and India went "up" fast because of our senseless spending and standing in line at WalMart to buy container loads of their garbage. Once we're putting that money into our fuel tanks the dotheads and rice patty waders will be holding their breath and hoping we don't get wise...

Darth VMAX

Its posts like RA's that really makes me want to get into a HPDI some day...."it makes gas" LOL

Red I will be really curious to see your fuel burn when and if you use RDWII for yankin the kids around on water toys. Skiing and tubing vaporizes the gas pretty quick in my Carb Yammie

SLOmofo

One thing that drives this is the media continually saying oil costs $100 a barrel. Then people think it's true then they adjust to that. The scare pushes the market. This is what fuels inflation.

It isn't that your money is WORTHLESS, it's that your money is WORTH LESS.

The FUTURES MARKET price of a barrel of oil is $100. Not the current price.

On a simmular train of media propaganda. Heard today this years winter has been one of the coldest and basically canciled out the last 100 years of GLOBAL WARMING.
Hummm wonder if the media will get the inventer of the internet and prize weenie to comment on this. Maybe he can sell some more FUTURES in carbon credits.....
Carbon today is the diamond of tomorrow.

With business and such buying carbon credits to look good in the public's eye, where do people think that money is comming from, I WONDER, could it be passed on to the consumer as a cost of business!!!! Would this be considered inflationary?

When I was pumping gas it was .27 a gallon. I think I made $1.35 an hour pumping that gas.

Now If you got to here in this mindless drivle, think about this.

Carbon Dixoide emissions. What product is consumed every day that releases this gas by the ton into the atmosphere. By choice mind you!!

Carbonated drinks, Where's Al Gore on this..............Selling carbon credits to Coke, Pepsi....

4 liters of designer water cost, $5.00.

At $3.55 a gallon, gas is cheep.

RedAllison

Meetcha atda ramp trunkmonkey! :laughing

Dmax, I know one thing, you can idle around all day long with the SportXS and it sips fuel and oil (doesn't smoke the first single bit. I've only added oil twice to it since buying it with a full tank back in August). With the deckboat I doubt I'll be using the 21 for much family duty, but like I said my deckboat has a DFI as well and I usually go 2-3 trips on a tank with it as well and it's a 22ftr which weighs about 3K loaded. I think taking off is taking off and they all probably burn close to the same but once up on plane between 3K-5K those motors burn considerably less fuel and oil than even regular EFI engines and LOTS less than carb motors. I also have a theory with my 21 that the monster torque from the 3.0 is what puts it on plane as opposed to horsepower doing it on the same hull with 2.5 sized motors.

BUT ask me how I like the DFIs when the fuel rails, pumps and or computers go out and they have to be nearly totaled to repair. A carb takes a dump and 3 days later you're back on the water for a couple hundred bucks... :confused:
RA

NCLakeman

To me whats $5 dolars more a trip. Last summer I stop at the pumps on the way to the lake and only put 10 gallons in. That will last all day plus have some left over. Before I know it the tank is full again. Now on the other hand March 7 is my last day at work my plant is closing do to merger. I will try to hang on as long as I can. We will see what the future brings.

Hotprop

Administrator
GotMyAlly said

You know how I'm gonna save gas......

I'm just gonna fish from the back deck of RA's boat!
Red you better get a bigger boat I think thats a great idea and I will do the same ! So you need room for two partners !!!!!!!!!:beer::beer::beer:

motox573

if you can pay $1.19-$1.49 for 20 oz of water then what is $4 a gallon for gas. In europe you pay like 6 a liter and they are still going

JR

One thing that drives this is the media continually saying oil costs $100 a barrel. Then people think it's true then they adjust to that. The scare pushes the market. This is what fuels inflation.

It isn't that your money is WORTHLESS, it's that your money is WORTH LESS.

The FUTURES MARKET price of a barrel of oil is $100. Not the current price.

On a simmular train of media propaganda. Heard today this years winter has been one of the coldest and basically canciled out the last 100 years of GLOBAL WARMING.
Hummm wonder if the media will get the inventer of the internet and prize weenie to comment on this. Maybe he can sell some more FUTURES in carbon credits.....
Carbon today is the diamond of tomorrow.

With business and such buying carbon credits to look good in the public's eye, where do people think that money is comming from, I WONDER, could it be passed on to the consumer as a cost of business!!!! Would this be considered inflationary?

When I was pumping gas it was .27 a gallon. I think I made $1.35 an hour pumping that gas.

Now If you got to here in this mindless drivle, think about this.

Carbon Dixoide emissions. What product is consumed every day that releases this gas by the ton into the atmosphere. By choice mind you!!

Carbonated drinks, Where's Al Gore on this..............Selling carbon credits to Coke, Pepsi....

4 liters of designer water cost, $5.00.

At $3.55 a gallon, gas is cheep.
Be careful, expressing coherent thought like that. Lou's neighbors in Pelosi-Francisco might come after you and use violence to express their "open-mindedness/tolerance".
JR

john4utvols

I use no gas during the week so all that money I save there and the money we save on the gas saver car I bought the wife will make up for the extra gas during the river rides I will be taking this summer. Plus once we kick Bush's ass out of the white house maybe we will see a change, you know he is just smiling as the prices are going up.

I only burned about 200gal last year so $4 ain't going to hurt that much. It's one advantage living in the north with short summers. Also my 300xs is cheap to run compaired to the old 300PM. That said, as long as gas consumption continues to increase in the USA... gas prices will keep going up.

That said, the oil companies got to get their head out of their A$$ if they don't think high gas prices are hurting/slowing the US economy.

GFinch

Be careful, expressing coherent thought like that. Lou's neighbors in Pelosi-Francisco might come after you and use violence to express their "open-mindedness/tolerance".
JR
JR, I'm sure you read/know of, Orwell's 1984.

New Speak, it's here. I was corrected by a police officer today when I used the term Bum instead of homeless.

Those "ladies of the night" are Secular Progressives, ala Bill O'Riely.

GotMyAlly

My brother is in Kuwait right now and when I was talking to him earlier today he told me that gas there is $.60/gallon.

I told him to send all he could get his hands on :very happy