Anyone live close to Douglas Lake TN???

catfish123

My wife and I are going to be coming down into the Douglas Lake area probably second week of May. Just wondering if any of you guys live close by there? Possibly looking to move down there and I'm interested to talking to or meeting up with someone who can provide me with general information about the area and Douglas/Cherokee Lake...................Thanks, Bob

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
I drove over Douglas 2 or 3 couple weeks ago. Was down about 40 ft. it looked like. Saw lots of boats out fishing though.

harrells

I have a camper trailer on Douglas. Give me a shout when you will be there, and if we are there that weekend we will get together. Feel free to PM or call me. 828-702-7777 Scott Harrell.

allimax

My wife and I are going to be coming down into the Douglas Lake area probably second week of May. Just wondering if any of you guys live close by there? Possibly looking to move down there and I'm interested to talking to or meeting up with someone who can provide me with general information about the area and Douglas/Cherokee Lake...................Thanks, Bob
Sounds like the perfect way to retire to me. Best of luck with it Bob.

RedAllison

I'd retire on Cherokee before Douglas! I LOVE Cherokee, now Douglas is a gorgeous lake as well but it's much busier around there with its proximity to Gatlinburg & all the tourists.

One thing about the Knoxville area, you can throw a rock in any direction & it'll land in a different, beautiful lake/river! :at the bar

etnprop

Come on Jim! You know you want to retire as near Dollywood as possible! Pancake houses, go cart tracks, homemade fudge, "see the black bears", outlet malls, ect make the gridlock traffic worth it. And some people even go to the mountains when they are here.

Bob, I sent you a pm if I can help.

Darth VMAX

Come on Jim! You know you want to retire as near Dollywood as possible! Pancake houses, go cart tracks, homemade fudge, "see the black bears", outlet malls, ect make the gridlock traffic worth it. And some people even go to the mountains when they are here.
And don't forget all of the "As seen on TV" stores. They still have a big stock of "Flying Lures"

RedAllison

Bob, I sent you a pm if I can help.
:LMAO: Joe you're right, what was I thinking? How could I NOT want to be smack IN the middle of the carnival scene I call "Appalachian Disney"? :big grin

allimax

My wife and I are going to be coming down into the Douglas Lake area probably second week of May. Possibly looking to move down there and I'm interested to talking to or meeting up with someone who can provide me with general information about the area and Douglas/Cherokee Lake...................Thanks, Bob
Just reading this article, Tennessee took the #1 spot for best states to retire in.
Source; Bankrate.com

"That's right, Tennessee hits our No.1 spot. Its cost of living is the second lowest in the country, just behind Oklahoma, according to data collected from the Council for Community and Economic Research. And the Tax Foundation puts Tennessee's state and local tax burden as the third lowest in the nation.

Tennessee also ranked among the best in the country for access to medical care, and its weather is warmer than average.

All of those factors make Tennessee an excellent place for retirees, especially those on a tight budget and fixed income. There is still one main drawback, however. Tennessee's crime rate is among the worst in the U.S."