Anyone run a slalom course in a 2003xb

John S

Just wondering if they pull skiers good through the course and would handle the side load, or if they would pull all over the place. I havent ran a course in years, but if the xb2003 would handle it good, I may be in favor of keeping the big girl. Im pretty sure a 2002 would be all over the place. My only point of reference was a hydrostream voyager, that back in the old days I would pull all over the place as the rope got shorter, so we used my buds malibu for the skiing. I dont have any buds with ski boats now, so need to multitask. And yes, Jay, I know "serving too many masters"...lol

Last edited:

bigtis

the xb03 pulls a little bit with a kneeboarder. I've never pulled a slalom skier.

FlatOutAlly

I dealing with schizophrenia, but what the hell......

I've skied behind all of those boats. I've had two Voyagers (1 V, 1 XT). I've had an XB2003, and I have a friend with a Malibu.

Malibu is best for skiing. :laughing Let's just stay away from that.

Voyagers work really good, too. Friend with the Malibu used to have a Voyager. Probably wouldn't admit it now, but......

The XB03 works good, too. Only area of issue can be the lack of movement area in the cockpit. Everyone has to be able to do the dance, but you know this. But once the 03 ready to go it works really well with everyone sitting. Just be willing to turn the prop wrench, DAILY. 22 Hive 5, maybe 20, if you want the boat full of people and gear. Don't stray too far from the pump.....

Good luck, Johnny..... Call me if you need further advice.

J who? Bottom line: An XB03 would probably be a better ski boat with a 150-4 mounted really low with one of Richied's best drag props. But you knew this, right?

Just wondering if they pull skiers good through the course and would handle the side load, or if they would pull all over the place. I havent ran a course in years, but if the xb2003 would handle it good, I may be in favor of keeping the big girl. Im pretty sure a 2002 would be all over the place. My only point of reference was a hydrostream voyager, that back in the old days I would pull all over the place as the rope got shorter, so we used my buds malibu for the skiing. I dont have any buds with ski boats now, so need to multitask. And yes, Jay, I know "serving too many masters"...lol

Last edited:

RedAllison

I would think if you had a hydro plate and BURIED the gearcase along with a good 4 blade, fill the livewell for extra weight, put everyones crap back there as well and have the heavy girls sit in the backseat, with the speed of the 03 it'll still run plenty fast enough for a slolam run with all that hull in the water. Should get a pretty good bite and you on as well as anyother outboard.

Trimmer out, stand on it and see if you can kick outta ya skis and run with ya toes pointin up!!! :razz
RA

whipper

My XS 03 works well for skiing. I feel the skiier but nothing to drastic. As far as some one doing a course ? I havent tried but i will. I have a buddy that practices there every day. I,ll let him try behind my boat and see how he does next time to that lake. Im thinking though he will pull pretty hard and i might have trouble hes a great skier. Recreational skiing slolom folks though isnt a problem.

Aqua Vicious

I've slalomed behind mine for years and digging in like you would for a course will definitely pull the boat. I was about 185lb then and could pull it enough to break the ski loose, but I was running really light. Red had the best advice, sounds like it would probably work.

John S

Thanks fellas. Kinda what I figgered. I used to ski a course every day, now I got one a block away from me. I used to be able to pull a voyager all over, but like my good drinkin buddy Toby says, "I aint as good as I once was........" :)=

Wicky

I can pull pretty hard and I love skiing behind my grandsport. Just lower the plate all the way down and trim her almost all the way in. The hardest part is finding a good driver to pull me.

Attachments

loop

I've pulled my bro in law thru the course with his Mastercraft Prostar 190, my Grandsport, and my xb2002. He's 175#and skis 34mph@28off
The Allisons in my opinion tracked just as true as the Mastercraft. He's pulled me with the same boats and he's always surprised at how well they handle.

mwr

I had a 15' Allison and would ski behind it. i was 6' and 180. I could almost turn it 180 and ski the other direction-LOL

jbf 2002

John S,

Well I was going to stay out of this but I see where this is going. If I were to explain about serving too many masters it would fall on deaf ears.

After all I remember a guy (YOU) that had two Allison boats, a XTB 21 and a Bass Racer. Now most folks with a XB 2002 strip out all the extra wires and fishing stuff. Not you Johnny. I see you drillin' the bow of the Bass Racer for a bow mount and stringin' all the wires up there and puttin' in more batteries ect. in the RACE version of the hull into a fishin' rig.

I'm willing to bet that all the trollin' motor stuff and batteries came out of the REAL fishing boat in your yard.............Some people need to cut their own wake.....lol.

j.f.

Darth VMAX

"I had a 15' Allison and would ski behind it. i was 6' and 180. I could almost turn it 180 and ski the other direction-LOL "

I have never ski'd behind my XB2002 (i have access to too many M-Craft ski-boats). But I feel I would do the same to my lil Allie...maybe not. I am 6"2" 220 lbs and can yank a boat around pretty good when I cut

michael j giesler

HI John I've done it with my grandsport with my 2.5 280 pulls steight as an arrow I shock my friends when I pulled me and him up deepwater barefooting like nothing