Anyone using a Merc Para-lift on a XB03

Stace

Would a para lift jackplate work well on an XB03. Seems it would be hard to get it where it would be at its farthest setback at 1/4"-1/2" below the pad. Thanks agian for your advice. Stace

Myron

to heavy, and does not stay at the same setback as you go up or down

RedAllison

All the PLs I've ever seen had a good bit of slack in them after a few years. Didn't matter on the sleds they were on (cookie cutter bassers) but on an XB03 setup to scream I'd want something more solid back there.

If you need adjustability at the flick of a switch I'd stick with quality spacers plates and regular hydro jackplates!
RA

Stace

Kinda what I thought but had to ask. Thanks Myron and Red. Stace

FlatOutAlly

Too much slop is an incredible problem. Before I got rid of the last CMC jackplate (which i thought worked fine), I stood behind the boat while someone ran it up and down and I don't want to tell you how much the propshaft moved left and right. Let's just call it: TOO MUCH. My advice, lose the hydraulic jackplate and bolt everything properly. If you think you're too low or too high, take the boat out of the water or just stop and adjust it. This is all with no mention of the possibility of adjusting it up too high while you're running. You may just 'go around' faster than you want. I and others will tell you where this will lead you. (Can you spell dirty shorts at best or ER???)

Bottom line: If you spend all year on your setup and the drive point is moving around, you've wasted pretty much all year from a setup standpoint. My opinion only, of course.. :same ole song

Last edited:

fishnfireman

JMO If your like Chad and running on the verge of hyper speeds...Heed his advise !

If your like me and facing ever changing loads and water conditions in a tournament setting.....the hydraulic j-plate is an invaluable tool that gets used every trip out.

But I also change out the brass rollers and those nylon washers about every other year. and make sure when you trailer it's all the way up or all the way down....it will keep from putting flat spots on the rollers !!

RedAllison

JMO If your like Chad and running on the verge of hyper speeds...Heed his advise !

If your like me and facing ever changing loads and water conditions in a tournament setting.....the hydraulic j-plate is an invaluable tool that gets used every trip out.

But I also change out the brass rollers and those nylon washers about every other year. and make sure when you trailer it's all the way up or all the way down....it will keep from putting flat spots on the rollers !!
What Mike said, X10!!! :at the bar
RA

Stace

I have replaced the rollers and plastic fiber washers on the CMC I have but have to adjust it tighter than CMC recommends to eliminate play. Makes the hyd. motor work extra hard but keeps the play minimal. I do use the boat for draggin' the kids around so it is nice to be able to bury the motor a little deeper. Whats your thoughts on the Detwiler on the water adj. jackplate? Sounds like you could change from fishin to sking in about 2 min. with one wrench and loose the extra weight of hydraulics hanging off the back. Thanks again guys!!! Stace

Last edited:

fishnfireman

I have replaced the rollers and plastic fiber washers on the CMC I have but have to adjust it tighter than CMC recommends to eliminate play. Makes the hyd. motor work extra hard but keeps the play minimal. I do use the boat for draggin' the kids around so it is nice to be able to bury the motor a little deeper. Whats your thoughts on the Detwiler on the water adj. jackplate? Sounds like you could change from fishin to sking in about 2 min. with one wrench and loose the extra weight of hydraulics hanging off the back. Thanks again guys!!! Stace

For your use--- as you describe...I bet it would be a good switch.

I would love to lose the weight and the slop..
However there are times..I might go from all the way down, to run rough water..then hit a stretch of bank which is protected from the wind....raise it up to haul azz position.....only to come around a corner and be faced with 2 to 4 footers.......
A normal trip to Amistad---I might use the J-plate 6 times a day