Attn Verizon customers with old unlimited data plan

JOEALLY

Guys, you may or may not care so this is just FYI.

I've hung on to my old iPhone 4 instead of upgrading to the iPhone 5 because I still have the old unlimited data plan that Verizon (most carriers) dropped. If I upgraded, then I be pushed into a set amount of data per month.

I'm not arguing if that's right, wrong, good or bad. BUT, I was told by multiple Verizon stores that as long as I didn't upgrade I would keep my unlimited data plan.

After noticing for months that my data would get really slow, I finally got in touch with a lady at Verizon that confirmed I was in fact having my data speed throttled back after reaching 2Gigs of data. (my wife's iphone 4 also on same plan)

She said they called it "optimization" but she said, "yes, it's being throttled back".

So, anyway, I'm not in anyway under any pretense that any of the wireless companies won't lie to make a dollar, it still aggravates me to be completely lied to.

Just FYI

patches

Same with ATT. It's aggravating because, in my opinion, they're not holding up to the promise they made when we signed the contract originally

SmallJaw

They got me too Joe. They are big liars:mad: and I wouldn't use them if there was anything better. Sometimes I'd rather be using smoke signals and know I was not leveraged into doing something by the cell crooks.

Luketrician

i had a smart phone with the unlimited data plan and i noticed they did the same thng...

I just did away with smart phones all together..and got a basic cheap cell phone, no more big cell phone bills for me..

on a side note, it is nice going back old school..just phone calls or texts...thats it :)

patches

i had a smart phone with the unlimited data plan and i noticed they did the same thng...

I just did away with smart phones all together..and got a basic cheap cell phone, no more big cell phone bills for me..

on a side note, it is nice going back old school..just phone calls or texts...thats it :)
I admire you, I've given it a thought

waterqtr

Did the same thing, never missed it, need to make life as slow & simple as possible...Except for the Ally of course!!!

reward69

Heck they got us by the short hairs now, gotta stay connected. Banking, working, hell just keeping In touch these days, gotta have the iPhone. Thank goodness at least I get 20% off due to my work.

SmallJaw

My iPhone is my mobile office, it makes things much easier for me.
Me too Joe. I handle at least 75% of the business I conduct every day, on my phone be it talking, texting, reading emails, or sending them. I have offices in 3 locations and with this goofy electronic wonder I somehow keep my sanity. I know that last statement is debatable!:big grin

MWest77

Can't imagine going back from iPhone. I use it for work, music, games, contacts, and social stuff. Its the devil!:furious