Bent hi perf prop shaft

sledman8002002

Advisable? I dunno, but experts would probably say no. How bad is it?
This pic is from my buddy's 175...The thing spins incredibly true and supposedly has been run for the for a few years with the twist (purchased the motor early Spring). We've put a few different ss props on it, (nope, no how, no way any of mine going on there!), lots of run time and still spinning fine...So who's to say? Comes down to your wealth, health and the trust factor I suppose....
,twisted shaft1.jpg

Scott in MN

There is a racer down south (Scott Jordan I think) who had some made, he may still have some. I also talked to Speed and Custom Marine out of Florida a couple years ago and they were supposedly working on a small HP prop shaft to sell. Don't know if they finished it though.....

Blob-head

The picture with the twisted shaft Junk. The other person .080-.100 out, your so out of the park [ spec ], you might as well be on the sun.

Allyfishing

mine included thanks to a auto bilge sensor not sensing...makes no sense to me either why it didn't sense.....

skewby

mine was all but sunk, thank god tim didn't have his trailer locked to his truck. an the rest of the allison family that helped get a truck and trailer to pull mine out of the water

chester8420

Chuck it ! Shafts are cheaper than props !
Yeah really. I broke my shaft accelerating out of a turn on a test run after I rebuilt my motor... Now there is a very nice tempest 25P at the bottom of the flint river if anyone wants to get it. I ran the trolling motor to a buddy of mine that lived on the river. He had me a new shaft installed within an hour or so, but I had no prop to put on it.

BGohr

I straighten them all the time, as well I have a couple used ones