Berryessa

badbait

So as not to hijack the other thread we should discuss Berryessa in a different place.

Lou, that is a real shame. I guess we can all sit on the fence and watch it all happen. I guess I could understand them cancelling the leases on the mobils that had been there for many benefiting a small number of people. But to change the use of the lake is another thing altogether. Is that a done deal?

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
It's a done deal, Bill despite overwhelming public opposition to the BOR's plan, and word is that this "makeover" is a blueprint; a test case for many other lakes including some in the TVA system.

No one, despite the facts, was actually willing to believe that the Feds would tear out 50 years of infrastructure in 7 resorts. And by tearing out, I mean everything--not just the structures but the plumbing, electrical, power poles, roads, ramps--all of it will be dynamited, bulldozed, destroyed. How's that for an efficient use of resources?

No one even knows who the winning bidder or bidders will be on the former resort sites. My guess is that it will be some corporate monopoly; like Pensus Group.

"Change"......:mad:

http://www.lakeberryessanews.com

Last edited:

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Yea if you can launch anywhere. If Cappell cove free launch is the only one left, it'll be like ants on a hershey bar..