Best Apps

ScottB

Little quiet on the board, so I thought I would throw this one out there...

What are you favorite boating apps on your phone?

I have Navionics mapping, Speedometer, US Rivers, Hering props calculator, Gas Oil Mix.

What do you use?:at the bar

Jon

Supporting Member
I use Navionics, a couple of GPS speedo's, and a few radio apps. This could be an interesting post.

I'm currently in the process of fitting an ipad mini w/LTE to the GS for this exact purpose. If only we could get real time engine diagnostics to an ipad :)

gmorgan

I use DigiHUD for a GPS speedo indicator. I use my calculator for figuring maximum speed, slip, so forth.

Is 9% slip about right for an XB-2003 loaded to fish with one man?

flying07

Good question! i'd like to hear what guys are using for a good gps speedo. might be cheaper then replacing my guage. . haha

skewby

i use myspeed witness, it a gps that logs the run. it updates every 2-3 seconds. when you make a run you just stop the data logging and review

Freebird

I've used Navionics for years, both inland and offshore. Can't remember which GPS speed app I installed last summer, but I figured out it was killing my battery, even when I wasn't using it. Was just looking for something that would record the highest speed, but I just use an old Garmin road GPS for that. Have the TVA app too but don't find it to be that useful.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have the TVA app and the Herring slip calculator app. Haven't used any navigation apps. Wonder how much better they are than the map programmed in my Garmin.

GotMyAlly

I have the TVA app and the Herring slip calculator app. Haven't used any navigation apps. Wonder how much better they are than the map programmed in my Garmin.
The navionics app has the same data as the navionics chip that I use in my h-bird (which runs about $150/region). That app is a bargain!

Jon

Supporting Member
The thing I like about navionics is it seems to be super accurate. Brian, when you and I went out in January and went into my cove it showed even small sand bars, which I knew were there from fishing, but cool that it shows that level of detail.