best yammi gearcase for a SS

FlatOutAlly

In one word, Sportmaster. I know, it's not yammy stuff. But it can be adapted and you'll be miles ahead. An SS was bred to haul butt. That's the only way it should be rigged. You can cone a yamaha case, and it will work, but not as reliably as the Sporty. JMHO.

whipper

In one word, Sportmaster. I know, it's not yammy stuff. But it can be adapted and you'll be miles ahead. An SS was bred to haul butt. That's the only way it should be rigged.
Im not sure if Wayne makes an Adapter for the 2.6? I was just on the site and he shows it for the 3.0 and up but never mentioned it for the 2.6. Maybe if you can get a mid for the 2.6 from a phase kit then you can put a sporty on? Best to call him. Hes the yamaha guy all the way and knows everything youll need to know for your yami and is familiar with your hull.

Lotus 50

You really are rigging a Yammy on the SS? I thought you were selling the SS.
What boat does the 2.5 go on?

waterskipper

David. Yep I'm gunna try a 2.6 16inch yammi out. I would sell the SS but the market is no good for boat sales it seems. It is mint I'd let it go cheap but there's no takers. As for the 2.5 drag it sold after someone saw my boat @ the boat show! N if it sells ill out the 2.6 on a xr01. Later lee

michael_m

what did u find out about putting the sporty on the 2.6 ive thought about this ive got a bobs cone on mine now

Rusrog

The V-4 Yamaha case is a great case and it stands up well. the only down fall is the 2:1 gear. Otherwise just get a 1:80 to one V-6 case and have Tooters\JC's put a nice cone on it. Works great...

The SportMaster is obviously a nice case but after the expense of the adapter, and the case itself, then to have IT worked.... Just not worth it to me.

Scott Gilmore

David. Yep I'm gunna try a 2.6 16inch yammi out. I would sell the SS but the market is no good for boat sales it seems. It is mint I'd let it go cheap but there's no takers. As for the 2.5 drag it sold after someone saw my boat @ the boat show! N if it sells ill out the 2.6 on a xr01. Later lee
How cheap ?? Give me a call ASAP. Scott :beer: 517 749 2023