BIGGEST set of BALLS AWARD

JaySmithRacing

Goes to Outlaw Class Boat driver Scott Jordon,

Went through a field of Outlaw Boats in Mt. Pleasant this week end on Saturday with NO SKEG and finished second. Thats correct your reading this right NO SKEG, broke 100 feet in the FIRST pass.

Most can imagine , driving a bass boat back to the dock at 10 MPH after this happens , Scott ran well over 100 MPH driving an Allison Outlaw boat and beat 3 out of the 4 boats entered...

We changed gearcase on Sat. night and he went on to win the over all class winning Sunday..

GREAT job of driving Scott !!!!!!

Also GREAT first time out for Tra Taylor, drove his Pro Gas Ally on a string against a tuff field, great driving Tra and Taylor Racing.

GREAT RACE DSRA GUYS !!
Jay and Cathy

Last edited:

99hawk

I saw it first hand. VERY IMPRESSIVE DRIVING!! I have never seen anyone go that fast on a rub rail.

racerx

Glad he made it back safe,must of been an animal,i have broken a skeg and it wasnt fun,i would of thought on the take off it would of turned around,congrads on his win and keepin it outa the other lane,congrads..

2003225X

I would love to see someone drive an Allison at that kind of speed with no skeg... I find it very hard to believe that it is possible.

Also, I would think someone from the DSRA would have been smart enough not to let him run with no skeg. If he wants to injure himself fine, but injuring somone else because of that wouldn't be a real good thing.

JaySmithRacing

No one knew the skeg was missing until the boat was removed from the lake, we thought it was a trim or prop issue until I got a visual....

We didn't know what was wrong , all we knew was he was still winning pass after pass and came in second Sat. Put spare gear case on Sat night and won every pass Sunday....

Jay

Last edited:

mdevrow

Great Driving Scott!! I lost a skeg recently and almost rolled, got my attention.
Yep you have very little control !!Can't believe you Raced like that GOOD STUFF.
Better driver than me for sure.

BGohr

No one knew the skeg was missing until the boat was removed from the lake, we thought it was a trim or prop issue until I got a visual....

We didn't know what was wrong , all we knew was he was still winning pass after pass and came in second Sat. Put spare gear case on Sat night and won every pass Sunday....

Jay
Ok really? So you're saying a guy as good as Scott, and the people who assist him watching from the shore, didn't realize there was something wrong all of a sudden when the boat used to run straight and true and now it doesn't. What amazes me is that no one took the authority to check it out, being the driver, pit crew or racing officials.

Either way Congrads to Scott on his win and his engine builder Matthew Caldwell.

2003225X

Ok really? So you're saying a guy as good as Scott, and the people who assist him watching from the shore, didn't realize there was something wrong all of a sudden when the boat used to run straight and true and now it doesn't. What amazes me is that no one took the authority to check it out, being the driver, pit crew or racing officials.

Either way Congrads to Scott on his win and his engine builder Matthew Caldwell.
Exactly my point...

xb03fs

sorry Self edited I will keep my opinion to myself. I couldn't imagine running my boat without a skeg

Last edited:

M.ALEXIE

I was there. Was the boat loose? "yes". Out of control "no".
I saw people get black flaged, but at no time I, other racers or the officales
thought the skeg was missing. He made 3 passes in his own lane.

In hindsight I'm sure it will be look at closer.

Luketrician

Seems like a biggest dumbass award. I have a heavy fishing boat and can tell if I need to move 15 lbs one way or the other. And will stop and move it before trying to run hard, let alone race side by side.

if the guy did know his skeg was gone then yeah, but doesn't sound like he knew.

Probably should understand the full story before casting judgment on the guy and throwin stones. :wink

bullwhipjkg

seen the video of the passes today and i have seen way worse out of a allison drag trying to make a normal pass

just my 2 cents

bullwhipjkg

if u have never done something in ur boat that someone else didnt like then u must be just a 1 of a kind person me personally i have been told more then once that u cant drive a allison like that cause it will hook ( knocking on a big chunk of wood ) i have never hooked my 2002 and i drive it through waves rollers whatever comes at it
only had 2 days in my drag and its a totally diffrent animal from my 2002 but its gonna get done the same way if i cant drive it through whatever i want to then i dont need to be in the seat
now to get back on topic
did scott take a chance ??????
in the eyes of most more then likely but if u had the money put up in a rig that he does to do what it does in 660 ft and is a highly competitive rig
and u can still make a pass in ur lane are u gonna put it on the trailer especially if u are still winning
was it crazy in most eyes yes
was it crazy if u own one of 2 carbon allison drag boats in the US that only a a couple have ever drove well that lies in the hands of the driver
i talked to scott monday and today about it he said the skeg never crossed his mind

now this is only my opinion and that is all that it is but i use my boats to there limits thats why i spent the money i did on them it would have been easy to buy a cookie cutter and be just like everybody else on the sand bar
my 19yr old can drive both my allisons over 90 that is unsafe too

Last edited:

hcspeed

I've done things in my boat someone else did'nt like while its still on the trailor, as a matter of fact , I'm pretty sure I've done things in my boat someone else did'nt like while it on the trailor and locked in the shop