Boat inspections for Clearlake

R

Redding XB21

Mother hen here.

Last year, Lake County started a boat inspection program for "invasive mussels". In '08 there was no charge for this inspection, but when I went to their website tonight ( http://www.co.lake.ca.us/Government/Directory/Water_Resources/Mussel_Prevention.htm ) I found out that there is a $10 charge this year.
It's pretty simple, just make sure that your bilge is dry, and livewell empty and you don't have any attached to the hull--kinda goes w/o saying, but cluck cluck.

For the ones coming over Hwy 20, Limit Out in Clearlake Oaks is a location for inspection, on the south side of hwy 20, it's a small shop and easy to miss,easy parking. Ones coming up 101, the easiest place would be Tackle It (they have a website) right on Main Street (parking sucks) in Lakeport or Clearlake Outdoors at the end of Main St at the end of town. Clearlake outdoors has easier parking.
I've got to get mine inspected again for our trip over Jan 12-16.

I just remembered this and wanted to give everyone a heads up on the inspection requirement.

The empty Cozy King :embarassed

R

Redding XB21

No problem When I tell them who it's for, I probably won't even need your CF #s. If the Fish & Game warden that's on the lake sees you, and you don't have a sticker, you can outrun him for awhile I guess, then go hide in the tules and sneak in after dark. Sounds like fun to me!

John, get you own sticker and either put it on your your boat or somewhere else!!!!:punch:razz

I've been looking on that website for the form to download like last year, but haven't found it yet. I spoke with "tackle it" yesterday and the wardens are REAL SERIOUS about the inspections to keep the fishery healthy. I don't know what the cost would be, but I'll bet it would be more than the $10.

The empty cozy King

R

Redding XB21

cluck cluck

link http://www.co.lake.ca.us/Assets/Economic+Development/Lake+County+Invasive+Species+Inspection+Program$!2c+Sticker+Application.pdf

R

Redding XB21

An update as to where you can get your boats inspected.

For those coming over Hwy 20. The visitor center at 6110 East Hwy 20,Lucerne (800-525-3743) has all the paperwork you'll need. It's quicker if you have the forms filled out when you get there. There is a $10 charge this year ( you get 2 stickers).

For those coming up 101 and over 20, there are a couple tackle shops that can do the inspections. Again, download the forms ahead of time and it's easy.

:very happy:very happy

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
We'll be rolling in on Saturday. I just called and talked to them and they're open till 5 on Sat. Good to go!

Brian

SLOmofo

Clean and Dry...is the key.
The lake Nazies at So. Cal. lakes give a boat and truck a full body cavity search. Any moistness or what they consider trash, old worms, leaves.....found would fail the boat. They even were looking in glove boxes. Then pressure wash the boat and trailer. Cachuma was going to charge $30.00 just for the wash, then the rest of the fees. I will post tonight a good read on this subject if I remember.
Just make sure you check for wet just before you get to the check point. A dry towel in the live well makes a good impression.

BornYoung

Braitos Marina 707 279 4668
Clear Lake bait and tackle 707 919 4399
lakeshore bait and tackle 707 994 3474
I told her I might be coming up and what I needed to do to have a boat in the water. I talk with a nice lady at Lake County.com and she said you just need to fill out the form and have the boat inspect and paid $10. for the sticker.
Here the link for the form to down load so you have it ready.
http://www.co.lake.ca.us/Assets/WaterResources/Mussels/Mussel+Sticker+Application+Form+2009.pdf
The way things are going I'm am planning for 2010 at this point unless something happens and I'm able to come up just for the day on Sat. but most likely it will be 2010 before I get to see all of you again.:mad:

Last edited:
R

Redding XB21

Don't waste the effort hating stuff. Pretty soon it's going to be the same all over the U.S.

Just like the Eagles song, "Get Over It", enjoy what we are able to do that so many others cannot do.:at the bar

Gene

GFinch

Here it is, skim through and glean the tid bits. The second one is good info also.
I knew John years ago when he lived in my aera, a good guy and a good stick.

It's not a matter if IF it's a mater of WHEN!

SLOmofo

Lou good to see you posting more again. We, well I was, were worried you wern't right. It will be good to see you and all the rest of the peeps at the WAR09.
Unfortunatly, as California goes, so goes the nation. Same as the mussles. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.

cj707

You can get you're clam inspected at Konocti Vista marina. The two times I had it done they just sold me the sticker. Told 'em I fished the delta, and they just handed me the sticker

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
We, well I was, were worried you wern't right.
I'm still not right, and I'm also not all there either. But I am still here.

I am having gearcase problems one thing after another but I am trying to cobb something together....