Boatmate Trailer Bunk Carpet Source?

B HEBERT

And make sure you use stainless steel staples. If the boards need changing, use treated wood.

GotMyAlly

I've got it from Overtons before, a long time ago but I assume they probably still carry it. I'm pretty sure I've seen it at Bass Pro before too.

ziemer

Most of the hydro lifts for Allison I've seen are from CMC.

I got my carpet kit from a source on Ebay. Was fairly reasonable.

I also got carpet for a boat lift from Home Depot. When I asked the girl to cut it in 12" strips she knew exactly what it was for. :big grin :cool

catfish123

Good morning David..........just a note that the "upright" bunks actually have a double layer of carpet down a little on the sides and across the top. You may already know that........when I did mine, I made my new bunks just like that with the double thickness of carpet. The carpet from Boatmate will not wrap all the way around the bottom of the bunks but personally, I think that is a good thing to avoid water retention. Anything that can be done to avoid the bunk brackets rusting is a plus. I cut the carpet out around them. I just went through this bunk "rebuild" so it's all pretty fresh in my mind.

David Lanham

Thanks Catfish, nope, did not know that it was double wrapped as mentioned. Haven't ordered any carpet just yet. Haven't pulled the boat off the trailer either.

Been too cold and snowy in S IN.

I need get the trailer project going though as Jay Smith called last night, he plans to have my motor re-assembled by this Friday.

F2008

Hey Bob, .... tell him how we get our trailers out from under our boats without water.:big grin
:beer: