Boatmate trailer parts!

Stace

Ordered some new bearing kits and speedi sleeves from boatmate the other day and was a little shocked at the price of the bearing kits. But not wanting inferior parts I ordered them anyway at $45 per kit (1 wheel). Got the kits and found out they were all china made bearings just like the $15.49 kits I can get at TSC or the local hardware. I would be OK Timkens at $45 per hub. But chinese!!! I emailed boatmate to see if I can send them back for a refund or could work something out. Thanks for listening to me rant!! Stace

J

John Richied

That just sucks!

I hope you only have a single axle $90

pickwickangler

I don't know what model your trailer is but my 98 had a off the wall size bearing that is no longer availible :mad: I had to buy new hubs and bearings but I bought from TSC.

Stace

Nope! tandem $180 It feels like I'm getting screwed with sand. Stace

GFinch

Take the bearing and race and seal to a bearing supply house(industry, farming, automotive). They should be able to match them up with quality stuff.

xb2003

I got shell shocked last week when I got the bill as well. I could not find the sizes around here any where so I had to bite the bullet. 90.00 for a single trailer is friggin crazy.

Darris must have the patent on those as well. Thats a joke guys.

Last edited:

BigRedAlli

wow!!! Just looked at a bill for a bearing kit I got from boatmate back in 2005. They were only $14.00 a kit...:shock: and I don't recall them having chineese markings. 2 wheel cyl's were $60.00, and the brake shoe kit was $53.75

xb2003

Casey
Thanks for the heads up. I won't be going the bearing route again if they are only 30.00 a hub.

Meyers

I have been very disappointed by the customer service and quality of boatmate as well. I cannot stand when a person is not honest with me on the phone.

BGohr

I think everything they want to sell you is over priced just like their trailers, and they are nice trailers, but come on guys.

When I wanted to get a new trailer for the twin rig I called Boatmate because I wanted a correct Allison trailer under it. Well that was until I found out the "good guy" price was $42-4300 for a single axle no brakes trailer, I was like, you are kidding, and I said that to the guy at Boat Mate. He told me $600 of that was to send someone here to measure the boat? Huh, you should either have that info or you could get it from Allison.

I contacted 4 other trailer manufactures and they were close to half the amount. And they use the same steel, paint, wheels/tires, lights, winch?

As far as bearings go you call napa with the numbers and go pick them up on the counter. A bearing has got to be one of the most generic things you can buy, you can get a timken bearing from just about any marine distributor, auto parts house, internet site. Heck the lower, upper drive shaft bearing on a 2.5 drive shaft is a trailer bearing.

Stace

I would have purchased the bearings locally but couldn't find the speedi sleeves. So I thought I'd order it all from boatmate along with a new bow stop which does not fit my trailer. Will find out mon. if they will take the bearings back. Probably charge a 200% restocking fee to negate the differance! Stace

BGohr

the sleeves you want are commonly sold as "spindo-seals" locally avail here if you need the number of a dealer, all you need is the bearing number and seal depth,

Stace

The sleeves were $6.25 from boatmate which didn't seem to far out of line. Boatmate will take the bearings back but will cost me a 15% restocking(lesson learned) fee. Still be over $60 ahead after shipping so they are going back!! Stace