bottom job

bullwhipjkg

Does anybody know what it cost to have the bottom of a 2002 cleaned up and blueprinted at allison

I need to call them but they closed when i get off and closed when i get up thanks

Rusrog

Give Larry Boyd a call at Sun Valley Fiberglass. He has extensive Allison bottom experience.

His office number is (817) 517-2525.

Russ Rogers

Bobalouie

Boyd is who did mine and he did a fantastic job, at much less than $2200. If I remember correctly, he is the guy Key Puckett uses on his boats.

njj502

Along these lines.... I'm bottom stupid so maybe a couple of you can school me... I think the lip has been ground off my GS... How would I know other than the fact the last bit of the pad is flat (no lip) and has Red showing thru the white gel... What's the benifit of removing the lip?

90 5.0

Do you have your boat with you here in houston now??

I'd ask Kevin how much for him to do it(Plum Krazy Fiberglass).

He's on BYUBOYZ, just PM him or I can give you his # also.

He works on all the local guys Ally's/Triads/STv's etc..

Top Notch work...

GotMyAlly

Along these lines.... I'm bottom stupid so maybe a couple of you can school me... I think the lip has been ground off my GS... How would I know other than the fact the last bit of the pad is flat (no lip) and has Red showing thru the white gel... What's the benifit of removing the lip?

XXXR2001

The only reason I have heard of for removing the lip would be on a race boat racing a high mph class like pro fuel or unlimited (120mph+). It supposedly keeps the bow from nosing over on the big end of the track.

XXXR2001

Larry Boyd! He did my old drag boat. He did Trae Applings boat when he won DSRA highpoints in 1400 Mod several years back. As someone mentioned, I think he did Key Puckett's Pro Fuel boat which I hear was really fast. Larry is the man when it comes to blue printing work.

Just fyi, when you get a boat blue printed you'll pretty much have to de-rig it because they'll have to flip it upside down. If you're not ready to do that and it just needs some gel chips repaired and mostly cosmetic stuff, give Plum Crazy in Houston a shout. He does great work.

patches

Larry did my old XR2002. He does it all in gel coat so when he's done it looks like it came out of the mold that way. No primered bottom

bullwhipjkg

Do you have your boat with you here in houston now??

I'd ask Kevin how much for him to do it(Plum Krazy Fiberglass).

He's on BYUBOYZ, just PM him or I can give you his # also.

He works on all the local guys Ally's/Triads/STv's etc..

Top Notch work...
No but going home friday and thought of bringing it back and see if i can get pc to look at it

Last edited:

bullwhipjkg

Boat needs to be rerigged anyway
Bottom has some nicks and couple gouges from fishing couple red spots under the boards and the pad is turning red from sitting on sand bar i want the bottom back to factory specs but figured would have it blueprinted while i was at it

Then theres some spots inside i want fixed around the boxes and such get rid of carpet and maybe do a gel splatter or some thing inside no more carpet

Whats PC's number

catfish123

Neal, I didn't think moderators were supposed to be "pot stirrers", especially SUPER moderators...................:LMAO::beer: