Bowl Games at a glance

white03

Gimme a break....BCS my a$$

I got no problem wioth OSU and Florida or USC and Michigan, but just how the heck does Notre Lame at no. 11 get into the Sugar...shudda been Wisconsin at no 6, they deserved it but no... they get shafted out of the whole BCS!!! :? Explain that one to me...other than Notre Lame has ESPN and Lou Holtz harpin their merits even when Michigan showed them for what they really were. :lol: :lol:

Now I'll admit I'm an Auburn grad, but try to tell me no 15 Wake Forest deserves gettin into the BCS??? They are the ACC champ, big blankin deal, that should not get them into a BCS bowl. The BCS is supposed to be about the BEST teams, not who lucked up and won the weakest conference in Division 1A football this year. Shudda been no 10 Auburn in the Orange...but what the heck we from Auburn are used to getting shafted by the great BCS :x :x

Granted I am much more attuned to football in the SEC so I'll speak only to that, but come-on..Boise State and Louisville. I'll take any SEC team below against either of them any day and twice on Sunday.

What an entire sham and disgrace to all the players who work and play their ass off only to get the short end of the stick from the BCS. Makes me wanna puke >>,<<
Bill

LAAllison

I couldn't agree more with White03. BCS sucks and all the crying now about Michigan shows how quickly they forget and how the bcs has messed up the last few years.

Art

Roll Tide

RedAllison

Easy white, everyone knows (tho they seldom will admit it north of the Mason/Dixon :mrgreen: ) that the SEC is the TOUGHEST conference and the rest of the country is really just playing for second!!! ;) If all these "good" teams up north had to play as many tough games all season long like they would if they were in the SEC, then the results would be MUCH different!

Now what about this Outback bowl and my Vols??? :roll:

With the way they played this year they should be playing in the OUTHOUSE bowl... :x
RA

TBuck2003

Bowl Games

Easy now Red,
I am not going to argue with you about the SEC being a good conference because it is.But saying that the rest of the teams would not be able to compete if they had to play their schedule is wrong.Good football is good football no matter where it is played.In saying that the BIG TEN had a so so year,but when it was all said and done OSU was #1 and Mich#2 playing for a shot at the national championship game.Believe me I am not arguing the SECs tough teams but this guy up NORTH sees OSU,MICH,and Wisconsin who bye the way got screwed with one loss,in the top 6 or 7 in the final rankings.Not bad for a weak and under priviliged conference.If OSU spanks Fla at #2 ,spanked MICH at#2,and spanked Texas at #2,that will be 3 #2 TEAMS that they have beat in the same year.Did anybody in the SEC even beat two #2 teams this year ? I have the utmost respect for SEC football because I understand the game and how it is played,but there is football that is good up north.Now Notre Dame is a F***ing joke period.But dont confuse them with the Big Ten.FYI Urban Meyer is an ohio boy that started coaching at Bowling Green State Univ. was an assistant to Lou Holtz,And OSU before he came to prominence at Utah.Now for a coach from UP NORTH he is the only one to put Fla.back on the map since the old ball coach left.Not bad for a guy who knew nothing about SEC football before he got there.If OSU clobbers Fla. does that mean that they would of killed everybody else in the SEC NO WAY.But does it mean that they would be very competetive YES.So again Good football is good football no matter where it is played.Let the games begin.GO BUCKS

TBuck

RedAllison

lol Todd I know whatcha mean, I agree OSU and Mich deserve what they got this season. They BOTH kicked butt and took names. I just mean that over the last 25 years+ the SEC team for team is a more "brutal" conference to play in than anyother conference. When you look at the kind of football programs most of the SEC schools have it just makes for a rougher, tougher schedule year in year out. I AINT sayin that all others suck or are playing second fiddle. There are umpteen other schools and many other programs that continually produce top finishing teams. I just don't think that anyother conference has as many top, tough teams year in and year out as the SEC does.

Now don't get me wrong, I am NOT a dyed in the wool SEC nut either. I HATE the Gators no matter WHO they are playing so I hope they get their arses handed too them by EVERYONE who lines up across from them!!! :mrgreen:

Go bucks!!! !-! ;)
RA

ps
And ANYONE that thinks that Florida nearly lost too Arkansas to become the undisputed #2 team in the country is FULL OF CHIT!!! :roll:

S

Scott Gilmore

RedAllison said:
lol Todd I know whatcha mean, I agree OSU and Mich deserve what they got this season. They BOTH kicked butt and took names. I just mean that over the last 25 years+ the SEC team for team is a more "brutal" conference to play in than anyother conference. When you look at the kind of football programs most of the SEC schools have it just makes for a rougher, tougher schedule year in year out. I AINT sayin that all others suck or are playing second fiddle. There are umpteen other schools and many other programs that continually produce top finishing teams. I just don't think that anyother conference has as many top, tough teams year in and year out as the SEC does.

Now don't get me wrong, I am NOT a dyed in the wool SEC nut either. I HATE the Gators no matter WHO they are playing so I hope they get their arses handed too them by EVERYONE who lines up across from them!!! :mrgreen:

Go bucks!!! !-! ;)
RA

ps
And ANYONE that thinks that Florida nearly lost too Arkansas to become the undisputed #2 team in the country is FULL OF CHIT!!! :roll:
RA, yea & I hope the VOLS AKA "little orange" do well the their BIG bowl game too............can't remember what bowl they're in..........was it the fruitcake bowl or the toilet bowl ??? LOL..........GO GATORS !!! Scott :mrgreen: :twisted:

TBuck2003

Bucks

Red,
I can assure you that Fla is in for a handful!!!!!! If you hate Fla you will be pleasantly surprised by watching them get CHEWED UP!!!! Go Bucks

TBuck

S

Scott Gilmore

Re: Bucks

TBuck2003 said:
Red,
I can assure you that Fla is in for a handful!!!!!! If you hate Fla you will be pleasantly surprised by watching them get CHEWED UP!!!! Go Bucks

TBuck
Todd, so are you giving THE 8+ points with the "chew factor" ??? If so ............I'm in !!!! Scott :twisted:..........hey, a Michigan LIMP team almost beat them. :p

hack02

Scott, will you make the A-Rally in 07? If so you guys could make a bet on the game that could be settled then; say maybe wearing a piece of clothing out in the hotel parking lot one night. :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

S

Scott Gilmore

hack02 said:
Scott, will you make the A-Rally in 07? If so you guys could make a bet on the game that could be settled then; say maybe wearing a piece of clothing out in the hotel parking lot one night. :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:
Ok, I'll only go to the Rally if I win !! LOL Scott :mrgreen:

TBuck2003

Bet

Hackie,
I like your style.Straight up on the game I will wear any Fla outfit for one entire day at the rally if they win.If Bucks win Scott will wear Brutus the Buckeye Mascot out fit one entire day while on the water.Yes there will be a provision that will allow you to consume liquid thru the Brutus Head.Go Bucks!!!!!!

TBuck

RedAllison

Hey as long as NO MALE at the Rally does another "Denver Arkansas Raindance" then I'm all for it!!! :shock:

:mrgreen: ,
RA