Breaking news - May B&WB

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Today I received an advance copy of the May 2005 Bass & Walleye Boats magazine, owing to the fact that AOA has placed a full-color ad for the Allison Expo in it and therefore we get a copy as a proof before general distribution.

Not only did they run the ad in the center of an excellent article ("Thumbing your Nosecone", pg. 72) about the collaboration between Titus Grisham of Custom Marine & Welding (formerly Tooter's business) and Randy Pierson of GPI Racing, as they worked together to re-design the Sportmaster gearcase profile (with excellent results, as those of you who watch Scream and Fly will already know), they also ran a 1/3 page article about the Expo under their "News, Views and Reviews" section, featuring (if I am not mistaken?) Lee Sanderson and his better half in an XB21 ProSport.

The latter was a break from the B&WB policy, as they had previously informed me that traditionally they never post anything about rallies, gatherings and the like.

Allison also got page space in the "Seat Time" column, with a picture of an SS2000 tearing it up in Florida.

Incidentally, both Titus Grisham's Custom Marine and Welding and Randy Pierson's GPI Racing are sponsors/exhibitors at the Expo. All the way from Minnesota to Alabama, the word is spreading that the Allison Expo will be the largest and most significant single engine performance outboard event in the past five years. That's what Randy Pierson said.

Those in the HP outboard world who ain't there will be square.

June 18th is right around the corner, and we're still working on a few more surprises to have show up at the Expo. :wink:

Those of you on the AOA Committee, better get set for a mob scene. With the B&WB articles and advertisement, we are in the ZZ Top category:
"We Bad; We Nationwide."

Yellowallison

GET R DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

And Jus think :idea: :idea: ......... Pinkie is gunna miss it all cuz he rather stay Home from ALLY RaLLY 05 and be Paintin His toe nails! :cry: :cry: :cry:

PINKIE- tha rumor aint true is it that yu staying home for 05 rallY!

If XX runin YY can coem see YU then yu can coem to the ally RAlly yu CHumP! :shock: :shock:

Leigh

Talked to Barbara at Jaco's todat they get early copies she said the ad looked real nice. Way to Lou! :lol: :lol:

J

John Richied

Nice Job Lou and all involved!

The only truth to me as far as the 2005 Tennessee 50th Allison Rally is I have not committed to showing up for sure, that doesn’t mean I won’t make it.

It’s going to be fun I know, and I want to be there, trust me.

I’ve seen before and enjoyed

Lightning saying hello to Chris
FREE baptisms for me
A smokin Yeller Allison (Might as Well Jump!) and that wasn’t Van Halen on that smokin stereo
Yeller lets Lou and I take his boat out… Lou, are you sure that was a port-a-potty and not the gas tank (I think I know why Scott’s 280 was surging at an idle)
An Allison towing a Norris Craft that WAS bottle-fed
Kevin runs for the canopy, RA saves the cooler full of beer in a mini typhoon (Lou runs inside the hotel room with the girls)
Bob and Heather take us on a tour of the lake, Lou tries to jump over the side of a dam; okay I was holding him, not pushing him
Bob and I go and fill up with fuel and buy beer right on the water and see a Sheriff in a Nitro bassboat (Nitro’s Rule!)
A lot of late night parking lot fun… Millie playing quarters a whole new way (you put the quarter where)
While Todd and Thom cook up the hot wings and fries (there is a wet T-shirt dance)
Breakfast at the Cracker Barrel with an Okie and guy from California
Midnight trip to the Outback, it’s only 9:00 pm our time
Party barge fun (John, help clean this thing up before we return it << SPLASH! >>
Larry and Linda hand us a brand new XB-21 with a 250 Yamaha… dang, it’s got a cooler with cold refreshments and clean towels too.
Dana takes me for a ride in a FAST and SHARP lookin GrandSport
Darris says ”I’m the reason your all here” I start thinkin he has a whole bunch of COLD beer somewhere
Lunch at Linda’s Lakeside Marine (lovebirds in the tree)
We end up with our names in the newspaper and this time no one went to jail

Yeah I remember…

Yellowallison

Hey PINKIEE!

YU better watch it...... Ole HT - RED gunna slap yur fingers with a Hammer if yur type nuther post longer than HIZ!!

Lightning saying hello to Chris
FREE baptisms for me
A smokin Yeller Allison (Might as Well Jump!) and that wasn

FlatOutAlly

2fast4mom said:
.....an excellent article ("Thumbing your Nosecone", pg. 72) about the collaboration between Titus Grisham of Custom Marine & Welding (formerly Tooter's business) and Randy Pierson of GPI Racing, as they worked together to re-design the Sportmaster gearcase profile (with excellent results...
I now have one of these units. :D To say it's the sh!t, doesn't even begin to describe. I had to put my troller back on to slow it down some. 8)

J

John Richied

Yeller, RA is out chaisin Turkeys or sum ting....LOL

Cliff, what kind of speed gains did you get?

FlatOutAlly

I can't personally say, Pinkie. It seems my powerhead has changed a bit over the winter, too. 8) However, Randy is quoting numbers in the 5 - 9 range over a stock Sporty. :!: Switching from a coned 200 case will yield less gain, no doubt.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Fishing loaded XB2003 with one person, 280 motor and troller, 105-106 with the modded case.

Everything I have read and heard so far about this case is that it is better in every way than the stock SM, which can't decide whether it truly wants to be a submarine or a water ski at speeds over 95.

It's all about aspect ratio and laminar flow. I'm gonna get one of mine done; too bad it can't be ready before the WAR! :(

FlatOutAlly

Fear of the unknown....

You're entitled to your opinion, allisonman. Makes me no nevermind. It is human nature to fear what you don't understand.

I could give you examples, but you no doubt would call me a liar (again).

GotMyAlly

If somebody around here has one, so that I could swap cases and run 'em back to back so that I could see for myself that it truly makes that big of a difference then I'd immediately pay $600 to have my case done. 5-9 mph is incredible. I would be happy with a 3-4 mph increase. I don't think I would want somebody cutting on my case for 1 or 2 mph though. I wonder if cutting the cone off like that weakens the strength of the case. I think we all agree that welding on a new skeg weakens it. Why would welding on a new nose not weaken it?

ALLISONMAN

aman beens called out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flat out do you know who you are talking too???????? a xr-6 gearcase swap is not likely to give 5-9mph increase and its a toatlly smaller dia than a sportmaster!!!!!!!!!!! the times the smalller case helps is at speeds over 110 mph and really its not that much faster just the control is alot better and less chance of blowout!!!!!!!!!! so what im hearing from you is you can take a 2003 stock 225 at 92mph and run 101.8 just from a gearcase design?????????????come on now that is a great marketing source not facts taken to the lake!!!!!!!! if he guarantees the case to be that much faster or its free then ill take two of them because he truley is the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now tell me how many times you been over 100???????? now with that being said a 2-5 mph gain possible - a better driving case yeah

GPI Racing

There is more to this story than you realize. The MPH claims are verified when compared to a stock sportmaster on the boats tested. Just because there are some doubters makes no difference. We will have a couple of "demo" cases at the 50th. Try it then. I could give you guys lots of results but I don't want to bore anyone. The case ALLOWS you to run props and set ups that never worked before. If you go with the flow and are not afraid to try new things the results will come....everytime. If there are still doubters... bring yourself to the 50th and I'll give you a nice 130mph ride. That should take care of it.

Randy

By the way.. Hi guys on this board! :)

ALLISONMAN

i be there randy look forward to meeting you!!!! and yes i will try one of those cases and if i pick up 5 mph i will buy one for sure!!!!! and if i pick up 9 then ill buy two!!!!!!

randy i dont want a ride I want to drive!!!!!!!!!! :D

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Randy, WELCOME to the Allison board and thank you for your support of the Allison 50th Expo.

It was great to meet you in Jasper and it will be terrific to have you at the Allison rally and for those who want, to try the demo case.

Lou

Yellowallison

Letz me Jump on in Here and throw sum Gas on tha FIRE!

Yo FlatoutAlly...

""It is human nature to fear what you don't understand"" .........

letz me assurez of this...... Aman is much uglier in person than he is on tha net.... and if yu woke up every morning and look at Aman's white LEGGZ and Bald Head like he does... Yu understand he aint scared of much of nuthin! except Steve Hienz!

I could give you examples, but you no doubt would call me a liar (again)...

Aman aint callin ya liar F-Ally... He just said he BS meter was turning 10,200 at tha ramp.. THAZ ALL!

Yellowallison

Go on with it GMA!!!! thaz what I'm talking bout GMA! I say we offically noninate yu tha Test boat!

If somebody around here has one, so that I could swap cases and run 'em back to back so that I could see for myself that it truly makes that big of a difference then I'd immediately pay $600 to have my case done. 5-9 mph is incredible. I would be happy with a 3-4 mph increase.

Yellowallison

flat out do you know who you are talking too???????? ..

Flat Ally Letz me Help Ya out! - Yu talking to BIg ole white Leggs - Bald Head North Carlinna REDnECK with one of that fastest 03 in tha country......that is in loVE with a BIG _O Black Waitress down at the local Kresy KREMME cause she give him frEE donuts every morning!

GET R DUN!

Yellowallison

Well Us southern boyzz don't like believe anything a YANKEE sayzz... :eek: other than when hear one is moving back NORth.. :p cause then we know there one less in the slow lane of I-95 :D looking for exit to get off and buy ah condo on tha beach... :!: and move tha Family south! :twisted:

But when it comes to Mercury Motors, Hauin Arsee in A-boat or STV, gearcases and props.... there's one Yankee dude I give all my respect tooo and belive what he's testin to be all true!! :idea: :idea: :idea:

Thatz be Randy Pierson .....!! 8) 8)

I say this all tha time,,, :arrow: if anybody that can take a side steer XR2002 Ally and run 130..... that iz one crazy arzz Yankee that knwz his chit HP boatz and motrz .. !

Randy P... My thanks for what all you have offered to do at tha Ally Rally! Thanks,,, :mrgreen:

I look forward to seein what all yu come up with on the GC for speed .... :p

GET R DUN! :arrow: :arrow: