Built in boat ladder?

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
All my other boats had some kind of flop down step or ladder on the back. The Allly has nothing. Has anybody rigged anything to make it easier to get back in the boat?

RedAllison

I still have the same one I had with my XB03 and it works equally well in my XB21. Simple, cheap and out of the way when you don't need it.

http://www.basspro.com/Hook-Boat-Ladder/product/23391/-268283

Get the 4step version. The handles/hooks fold flat and the entire ladder fits in the rear compartments as well as up under the front deck. The bolt on "braces" you see in the pic aren't necessary if you'll hang the ladder from the rear deck, the "wing and hard rubrail" on the hull will hold the ladder out perfectly straight down and it won't bend or go up under the hull as you climb up and down on it.

Only thing that wears over the years is the rubber over the hooks will eventually tear as it's rubbed on the textured gelcoat on the gunwale. Just a few extra pieces of duct tape when new will cure that.

Just like most of the members on this board... cheap and easy! :at the bar
RA

msethsmile

Funny Guy
Kind of like abstinence...don't get out of the boat. Works everytime it is tried.

etnprop

thought Allison has some kind of bolt on for the motor/bracket/cav plate to use as a step? Someboy help me out here...

K.Kiser

Kind of like abstinence...don't get out of the boat. Works everytime it is tried.
Sometimes it's involuntary... I took an unexpected dip and 150' swim this winter, and I was in my XB02 with low sides and an interior grab handle... After the swim on a 35 degree morning it wasn't easy to get back in... I'm 34 y.o. and not at all weak and it was a struggle with the fatigue and wet jeans, long sleeve shirt, etc... If I would have been in my SS-2000 and if the swim wouldv'e been a little longer, or colder, physical injury, water current, etc. and I would have been in a bad situation... There was one of our Allison bretheren that fell in while winter fishing a couple years ago, and he didn't make it.. After staring up at my boat from the cold water, my thoughts are different and all my boats from now on will have some provision or another for re-entry...

xs03mich

R an R manufacturing, makes the E ladder that bolts up to the motor clamp bracket and will swing up and down as needed. I do not know if the E ladder would be good for everyday use though.

K.Kiser

R an R manufacturing, makes the E ladder that bolts up to the motor clamp bracket and will swing up and down as needed. I do not know if the E ladder would be good for everyday use though.
I got My Dad one of those for his Ranger... He is 61 y.o. and given a cold swim and situation like I had He certainly couldn't re-enter the boat with any efficiency... They are nicely made, but I think they would work even better if the climb handles were longer as not to crowd the boater so close to the engine... Nice piece though that tucks out of the way when not needed...

Jimxb02

I think Allison makes a step that bolts to the jack plate. I remember seeing it in a thread on this board. Call Bill at at Allison.

Jim

msagro

The eladder is nice as it is out of the way but you really need a grab handle on the boat

Allyfishing

Here's a photo of my E Ladder installed on my XB-21. My wife and I both use it. I usually grab the steering arm to help pull myself aboard. I figure that if the steering can handle the power of the engine pushing a big heavy boat then it shouldn't mind me pulling on it with minimal effort once in a great while.

etnprop

thats the one I was thinkn about... Bud Lite goin out of business or is there that much snow between you and the grocery store?

F2008

Guys, Craig's a little sensitive about his "problem" and, as expected, tends to rationalize by offering outlandish explanations.

allison xtb

PRICING FOR R & R DESIGN’S E-LADDER IS $195.00

WE ACCEPT VISA, MASTERCARD OR CAN SHIP C.O.D. WE SHIP UPS GROUND. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A PURCHASE, PLEASE CALL ME AT THE # BELOW!

THANK U FOR YOUR INTEREST IN OUR PRODUCT!

Lisa K. Rice
R & R Design, Inc.
1189 S. Virginia St.
Terrell, TX. 75160
(972)524-1789 phone
(972)563-0127 fax
lrice@rnrd.com e-mail