Can you help?

Kmack

I was checking under the cowl of my recently acquired 2004 200XS on my XTB. I noticed this near the #6 spark plug:

20180625_154429.jpg

20180625_154454.jpg20180625_154523.jpg20180625_154601.jpg

It was loose inside and I was unable to locate any place that looked like it was to accept the plug.

Motor was recently serviced by Reynolds Racing and I am not much of a mechanic but I wonder if it my be some type of adapter for their testing.

Does anyone recognize it and know where I need to install it?

Thanks.

Kmack

Thanks BigRWater,

I've done some more searching and I think this is a speedometer tube and sensor for a non-smartcraft speedo set-up. I'm guessing it was used by a previous owner of this motor and since I use the gps in my depthfinder for speedo and don't use water pressure it was disconnected.

Kmack

Yes, it's an '88 which I pretty much gutted and replaced everything.20171029_103711.jpg

BigRWater

Nice. Congratulations. I really like that. '& it is supposed to be a good rough water boat. How do you like it? Is it black or blue side color?

Kmack

Boat is Blue and light grey. This is the second XTB 21 I have owned.

I bought one new in 1991 which I had to sell in 2005 to fund kids in college. Loved that boat for everything except standing and fishing in windy conditions (Kansas). Rough water ride is outstanding and the boat is a blast to just run around the lake.

As I am 62 years old now and nearing retirement I am no longer able to stand and fish all day, so I am no longer concerned about that.
I bought this one for next to nothing and put it together the way I wanted for the fishing I like (multiple rods out the front for crappie).
It worked for me because I got the hull and layout I need plus it already had holes drilled etc so I didn't have to worry about drilling into a brand new boat.

The beauty in this boat to me is that the 1988 hull was so advanced relative to its' time that by upgrading all of the electrical and power items, I have a really great 21' boat for about the cost of a new aluminum <18' boat.

If I were giving advice it would be to make sure you can be happy with the small front deck before you buy. Aside from that, it's as good as any boat out there in the same category.

BigRWater

Boat is Blue and light grey. This is the second XTB 21 I have owned.

I bought one new in 1991 which I had to sell in 2005 to fund kids in college. Loved that boat for everything except standing and fishing in windy conditions (Kansas). Rough water ride is outstanding and the boat is a blast to just run around the lake.

As I am 62 years old now and nearing retirement I am no longer able to stand and fish all day, so I am no longer concerned about that.
I bought this one for next to nothing and put it together the way I wanted for the fishing I like (multiple rods out the front for crappie).
It worked for me because I got the hull and layout I need plus it already had holes drilled etc so I didn't have to worry about drilling into a brand new boat.

The beauty in this boat to me is that the 1988 hull was so advanced relative to its' time that by upgrading all of the electrical and power items, I have a really great 21' boat for about the cost of a new aluminum <18' boat.

If I were giving advice it would be to make sure you can be happy with the small front deck before you buy. Aside from that, it's as good as any boat out there in the same category.
I love the concept & respect what you have done. 'And your boat is a beauty! I prefer blue, green, grey etc.

I am retired now & like putsing with the boats.

While I was working I never had time... ...my long time boat mechanic just guided me through an almost complete rebuild of a 1982 4 hp Johnson for my kicker motor that only weighs 30 pounds. I am doing a '54 Evinrude Lightwin 3 hp right now.

I own a green/white XB 2003 (which should be running in 3 or 4 weeks) & started a fund for a XB 2002 bass race... ...I mainly fish the big river, so if I get lucky enough to come across an XBT 21 like you did, I will buy it and do what you have done.

Thanks for sharing.