Carbon Fiber xr

hullbilly

OK.....I had a dream that I went straight to the source, and this is what I found.......

1. The race boats are not weighed with a jackplate. (steering, seat, fairing)
2. ally2dextreme knows his stuff on boat weights!

:)

patches

Yo patches how much is your NEW drag gonna weigh? Sorry if I'm letting the cat out the bag
Was bored at work looking back through this thread and saw this. No new drag for me. I'm stuck with what I got. Weighed 1318 last time I hung it on the scales:)

RBT

The Carbon STV that Wally built is light but not as light as some are suggesting. Jack is building carbon boat that are around the 300 mark, but I am not sure that is with anything in them. Rich and Mathews boats are A LOT more ridged than the STV, the STV's pad is STIFF but the rest of the boat is fragile!

Last edited:

Yellowallison

The Carbon STV that Wally built is light but not as light as some are suggesting. Jack is building carbon boat that are around the 300 mark, but I am not sure that is with anything in them. Rich and Mathews boats are A LOT more ridged than the STV, the STV's pad is STIFF but the rest of the boat is fragile!
RBT....jus curious if u seen both FTP CF STV boats in person and hanging on scale???

Last edited:

RBT

RBT....jus curious if u seen both FTP CF STV boats in person and hanging on scale???
No, but I know what Gregs boat weighs complete (you posted that on Screamandfly). I have seen a lot of pictures, and will see them both at Jasper.
I have the Wally built boat on scales in my shop right now so I at least know what it weighs.

One thing, the Mod-vp deck has more deck area than the river rocket and the rocket has more area than an Allison.

Yellowallison

Didn't Greg's boat weigh 325. That's around 300
Greg's boat weighed 330 complete w/front seat and race hatch....ready to start rigging.

Andy's boat weighed 360 complete w/front seat and race hatch....ready to start rigging. Andy requested lil extra since he'll also be using it as a lake boat.

Yellowallison

No, but I know what Gregs boat weighs complete (you posted that on Screamandfly). I have seen a lot of pictures, and will see them both at Jasper.
Rich and Mathews boats are A LOT more ridged than the STV, the STV's pad is STIFF but the rest of the boat is fragile!
Which STV's are you referring to having a stiff pad but being FRAGILE.......?

patches

Well then either one of em oughta be in the mid 10's ready to run. Only a handful of boats can get under 1100 lbs so they should be hard to outrun. If everything goes well I hope to be in Jasper so they can beat up on me

Last edited:

Yellowallison

Wally's
The pads are cored but the rest is THIN
Whooo..I gunna tell MITCH HARDEE you said Wally boats was FRAGILE...:laughing:laughing

I wonder if DOC TRIPP is still pissed at DARRIS for building his last XR2001 a lil too FRAGILE:big grin

Yellowallison

I have the Wally built boat on scales in my shop right now so I at least know what it weighs.
SO RBT????????....since you got yur buddys boat (PRESTON old Boat) on the scales..whats it weigh???

Last edited:

patches

Do you really think an FTP boat would fare any better in the event of a steering failure like Doc had