Change - Man have things changed around here...

John_Richied

As they say, "change" is the one constant or a direct quote, “Change is Inevitable, but God is constant”:

Man have things changed around here... Its been a few years but wow! Its soooooo quite around here.
Maybe some are afraid or concerned to post so they don't want to offend anyone ?
Who knows maybe everyone is on the BFHP? If you know what that is, well you might not own a cell phone... I still don't own one
I don't like to brag however; I did spent a TON OF MONEY at the gas pump and the grocery store... NO FOR REAL I didn't even have to take out a loan, I had that kind of cash in my checking account... Brag, brag, brag :p:):p:p:LMAO:

Lets get back to talking to our friends, each other and, family even if you love Biden we can be friends, just don't

22R

I never left I am hoping the forums come back in style :). I never got into Facebook and glad I didn't now. It would be nice to see traffic increase here again.

22R

aj06bolt12r

I keep checking in to see if anything new is happening around here... Facebook groups on peoples phones have largely taken the place of these forums.. Which is a shame, mostly because its much easier to research old posts on these forums to find answers to common questions. I learned a lot about how to set up and drive my Allison from reading old posts right here.

wcarlyle

Supporting Member
I too check this all the time. Great to see and hear what everyone is doing and the information, pics of the get together's and river runs are fun to see. I think we all learn from each other's experiences. Hopefully this gets more and more traffic in the days and months to come. :)

StillFloats

Probationary User
As they say, "change" is the one constant or a direct quote, “Change is Inevitable, but God is constant”:

Man have things changed around here... Its been a few years but wow! Its soooooo quite around here.
Maybe some are afraid or concerned to post so they don't want to offend anyone ?
Who knows maybe everyone is on the BFHP? If you know what that is, well you might not own a cell phone... I still don't own one
I don't like to brag however; I did spent a TON OF MONEY at the gas pump and the grocery store... NO FOR REAL I didn't even have to take out a loan, I had that kind of cash in my checking account... Brag, brag, brag :p:):p:p:LMAO:

Lets get back to talking to our friends, each other and, family even if you love Biden we can be friends, just don't
BFHP? I'm guessing you are not talking about the Berkeley Food and Housing Project? Bass Fishing Home Page seems much more likely.

I'm glad to see you supporting getting back to being a good neighbor from your statement "Lets get back to talking to our friends, each other and, family even if you love Biden we can be friends, just don't". I wholeheartedly agree; we need to heal our country. I truly believe there is more that binds us all than dives us. I'm a registered Republican is a County that has only 10% Republicans. I used to feel like I was in enemy territory. Then I stopped listening to any news for a good three months and man was that a game changer. I started reaching out to my neighbors and not talking politics. Turns out, most people are good and want to help each other out. There are much better things to talk about than just repeating what made me angry on the news. I started thinking about what was different from when I was a kid and our country felt much more together. News used to be for an hour in the evening. Networks did not expect a profit from news channels; they lost money on them. It was sort of accepted that in exchange for the government allowing the network to broadcast over our collective airwaves, they would provide fact based reporting with equally balanced perspectives (look up the FCC fairness doctrine). The fairness doctrine was cancelled in 1987 . Now news channels are 24-hours a day. There isn't more stuff happening in the world now than in the 70's and 80's, but they have to create reasons for us to pay constant attention. They have to create a profit now and the best way to get people to pay attention (i.e. make money) is by creating fear and generating anger and outrage. They can now use subjective opinions rather than facts because they don't have to present opposing viewpoints. Liberals don't watch Fox news and conservatives don't watch MSNBC. These outlets are not spreading truth; they are preaching to their own choirs. By keeping us divided and fomenting tribalism, they have our attention. When they have our attention, they can sell advertising. When they can sell advertising, they are making money. If they can't make money, they will go away. Whenever a big news organization claims to not be a part of the mainstream media, they are lying. Believe it or not, the world is generally a fairly boring place. There is not enough newsworthy material to justify 24-hour coverage. News should be boring, not entertaining. I think we can all agree that politicians are not unbiased and they get caught being hypocrites all the time. They need money for advertising. They constantly try to raise money for the next election. Advertising does not equal truth, it is inherently biased, and is trying to buy influence. Remember when they used to advertise doctors promoting cigarettes. Give me a break.

Boy did I just fall off a high soapbox. Thank you for indulging me. I just get really ticked off by people making money from misleading others. It does nothing good for our country. Get out and connect with your neighbors, friends, and family. They matter.

SSTOM

Damn Pinkie how the hell ya been? I dont get on here as much as I used to but still running the ol SS. good to see ya back on here. Tom

Bill Mason

Hey John Boy, how you and the boys doing? Not many posts on here anymore. Some of us are getting pretty long in the tooth?? I'm trying to recover from two darn strokes I had in April. It could be the first time since 1998 I haven't ran my Allison. I might not even get her started. UGLY AS HELL. Do you know where old Bill is?Some fond memories for sure. I haven't seen him but I think I live pretty close to Lou. Sorry I keep missing you on the phone. We are eastern time and I go to bed early. We will need to catch up sometime. Take of yourself ole friend.