color of trailer

JOEALLY

Here's a shot of the boat I've got. I'm getting ready to redo the trailer and just really don't want it red.

I'm thinking about doing it solid matte black, some car guys call the color "hotrod" black.

I did all the trim on my Jeep and the wheels in the matte black and really like it.

If I do the trailer that color, I'll also do the bullet console the same. My dash and bow plate are already matte black.

I'm not a chrome fan, so the wheels will be black either way, and eventually any chrome on the boat will probably be black to.

This pic of my Jeep shows the matte black wheels and trim

So my choices are

1. matte black
2. regular black (satin, semi gloss or whatever the norm is)
3. Charcoal gray in regular finish

What do you think?

bec

i have always been partial to black trailers with pin colors of the boat.i like chrome fenders over painted:smile

Bobalouie

What about a color that matches the hull on the trailer, with the fenders and wheels matte black, and maybe get some custom allison trailer decals made in the same color as the wingtips? That would look pretty cool.

patches

I wouldn't over do it on the matte black. Especially on the boat. I think it'll come off you looking cheap and junky. Just my opinion

RedAllison

Is your 02 red or maroon? Either way, I'm just NOT a fan of black trailers unless one of the predominate colors on the boat is black. IMO black trailers make any rig look to "dealer stock" but I'm just partial to custom colors. If your 02 were mine it would have either a maroon trailer or a white trailer under it!

OR a REALLY snazzy, slicked & shined up aluminum trailer underneath! :cool

Ps now that I blew your pics up I realize your hull is maroon & trailer is red & in "needs a redo" shape. With your maroon Jeep I'd shoot the trailer maroon & put black diamond plate on all the steps plus black rims!!!

Last edited:

JOEALLY

Is your 02 red or maroon? Either way, I'm just NOT a fan of black trailers unless one of the predominate colors on the boat is black. IMO black trailers make any rig look to "dealer stock" but I'm just partial to custom colors. If your 02 were mine it would have either a maroon trailer or a white trailer under it!

OR a REALLY snazzy, slicked & shined up aluminum trailer underneath! :cool
The right aluminum trailer is definitely the way to go. I've been looking at some but think I'll re-do this one. It's a lot cheaper.

My boat is silver/grey maroon according to Bill at Allison.

SmallJaw

My choice with your boat color Joe would also be to put a black trailer under it. Pinstripe it whatever color or no pins, but there is nothing cheap looking about a trailer when it rides under an Allison!:laughing

bec

i like gloss.matte to me looks like a trailer that has been sitting outside unprotected from the weather and sun.jmo

Darth VMAX

Matt maroon with some gloss maroon pinstripes! LOL!!!!!!!

J/K, sorry to be pickin on your OCD issue ;-)

bassracr

my trailer used to be an off white..it was also a real crusty looking old trailer . i didnt like it and i re-did it and changed it to black. you can see what it looks like here ...http://forum.allisonowners.com/showthread.php?t=5373
i like the black better myself ,if the boat is all detailed and standing tall ,it really seems to seperate the boat from the trailer when it is just sitting there if that makes any sense . maybe a gloss black trailer with the right matte black wheels?
and btw if you want the console matte black i would wrap it in matte black , at some point if you ever decide to sell it you can just remove it .otherwise i think it would hurt the value

Last edited:

JOEALLY

my trailer used to be an off white..it was also a real crusty looking old trailer . i didnt like it and i re-did it and changed it to black. you can see what it looks like here ...http://forum.allisonowners.com/showthread.php?t=5373
maybe a gloss black trailer with the right matte black wheels?
and btw if you want the console matte black i would wrap it in matte black , at some point if you ever decide to sell it you can just remove it .otherwise i think it would hurt the value
I like the gloss black with matte black wheels idea.
If I do the console it'll be done so the black can be removed for sure. I'll do the chrome wheels the same way / then someone could pull the black & go back to chrome if they chose.

Last edited:

bec

I like the gloss black with matte black wheels idea.
If I do the console it'll be done so the black can be removed for sure. I'll do the chrome wells the same way / then someone could pull the black & go back to chrome if they chose.
ok joe sounds like a fixer upper for resale.whats next?:laughing:laughing:laughing:laughing