Congrats Allison owners , Fourteen years of dominance !

David Shook

We the normal A Boat owners went to Fla. 14 years ago today , and kicked some ass , in three days we broke three world records first day we broke the old record which was with The Allison Tater chip boat , good drivers, and mercury reps changing power heads to set records with different H. P power heads , congrats they set several records , we broke their record by seven mph the first day ,waited two days then broke my own record by another five mph + in the course of the race, broke Glenn Reynolds fastest bass boat record ? of 115 1/8 mile with a stop watch with a 118.356 5/8 mile run with the best APBA timing equipment in the world , ain't quite sure why he advertises on his web site he has the record , hell I could hit 125 in an 1/8 course , just want to set the record straight And show you regular boat owners you can do it too ! I bought my boat out of a salvage yard and had my wife as a pit crew and almost forgot the dog LOL? It was a bone stock Drag, got Hot Prop to build me a screamer for the next year , but the weather turned to crap and didn't get to run it or the record would have been much higher ! Just goes to show any of you guys can do it , go kick my ass I'll be the first to congratulate you , good luck and be safe . 4/22/05 This was for us poor S. O. B. 's

John Richied

Nice job putting a STAMP on it David! I cant believe it was 4/22/05, fourteen years ago already... dang!

"hell I could hit 125 in an 1/8 course" hmmmmmmmmmm ;)

John Richied

Dang David... you should have posted something about a "headlight upgrade" or ?

aeneas

David, congratulations! Your record will probably last forever!
//Nils

John Richied

Maybe if you did it running backwards with NO Sponsorship more owners would be impressed and motivate to make a run at the speed record in their Allison?

or not LOL

David Shook

John,
How you doing old friend , I don.t know that I could do any thing else , I've had it backwards, side ways, almost upside down, 3ft out of the water, in the bushes, Can you think of anything else , maybe on the trailer LMAO ! Hope all is well out your way , good to hear from you as always .

bigtis

That’s good stuff shook.

I figured you were capable of mid 20’s also because my Xb will get to making big mph really fast with the drag. Fast enough that I would consider it unsafe to run all out without witnesses/rescue around. Mines a little lighter than your setup was and tends to be a little more flighty I would suspect.

David Shook

bigtis,
You have to run the small case to put it into the 120's but it will leave you at anytime , the problem is the big blade I ran my small case for seven or eight years drag racing with a small blade no problems first time I put a large wheel on it split lost all of it , its a crap shoot , if you have unlimited funds or an ass load of small cases go for it that's the only way to get there good luck Shook

bigtis

I’ve gotten away from the xr6’s due to the amount that I’ve toasted.

I actually can get the 200 cases to run with the. Xr6 they just don’t drive as good and the extra surfacing area the big case has helps keep the ass end up a little drier than the xr6

I have a 14 petal 200 on the 02 now and she was a 112 boat needing more setup work with the engine itself as I’ve always ran 10 petal fronts on my 200’s.

Thinking it’ll get to 115 with the 200 now