Cracked Midsection- Help!

Honda92

I went to put a new waterpump impeller in the Grandsport this weekend and I noticed 1 stud holding the lower on was broke and that my mid was cracked! I guess I should of been checking things over a little more often, I don't know what happened to cause this but I'm glad I caught it now. I'm thinking I'll have to find a used one somewhere. Anyone have a idea how much they go for? It's a 95 225 promax 20" mid and a sportmaster lower. Here is a pic of the crack, it's all the way through. Not sure how much stress is actually on that tail end but none the less, I'm sure it's not safe. -Thanks for any input or leads on a nice used one.

TBuck2003

I went to put a new waterpump impeller in the Grandsport this weekend and I noticed 1 stud holding the lower on was broke and that my mid was cracked! I guess I should of been checking things over a little more often, I don't know what happened to cause this but I'm glad I caught it now. I'm thinking I'll have to find a used one somewhere. Anyone have a idea how much they go for? It's a 95 225 promax 20" mid and a sportmaster lower. Here is a pic of the crack, it's all the way through. Not sure how much stress is actually on that tail end but none the less, I'm sure it's not safe. -Thanks for any input or leads on a nice used one.
Got a 20" mid if you need it...

Todd

SmallJaw

That sucks I know. Good luck with the replacement. Sounds like some Allison Bro's can help you out. That's the great thing about this place.:very happy

Honda92

cheap way out would be a hacksaw and some earplugs! :razz
Ha! Thanks for the help guys, I actually found one this morning and it's on its way. I should be good to go. This is a pretty simple part to swap out right? I have not looked too far into this project yet.