Daughter and I took Ninth

reward69

Well me and my daughter (who is 12), took ninth in a 56 boat charity tournament. She was the only female and the only kid. They gave away a rod/reel combo for the yougest person fishing. Even though we didnt get a check (they only paid 6 places) we did walk away with proud daddy and one happy 11 year old knowing she just beat 47 other boats of adult men. We actually weighed in two of her fish, a 2.5 and 2 lb spotted bass. One came off a fluke and the other a SB. Yeah I might have stood a better chance of winning fishing with my normal partner, but that day I was the real winner after seeing the look on her face after the tournament. I got a nine year old boy too, so there will probably be some fighting over who gets to fish the tournaments in the future. A good problem to have though!:very happy

Last edited:

SLOmofo

Good going, bet there were a few in those 47 boats grumbling. My wife and I fished 2 clubs and team circiuts, after a while the grumbling lessened, some of it never stopped.
Never upset me if she did better than I did, but OH Man some people.....

Congratulations to both You and your daughter!

reward69

Thanks for the comments, we have had a blast spending time together on the water. They are beginning to get into a lot of sports so out time is getting limited. Im sure before I know it they will be in college.