Did Darris drop the XB2002, XB2003, and the SS2000 ?

mikesufka

Are these officially no longer available ? No longer on website. Is there another thread about this that I missed?

MDS

PS: Sad day in "Allisonville", but I get the several reasons why ...

David Shook

Yes Mike that is correct , you might want to contact the Smithsonian and see if they might have room for your boat in the antiquities section to display it , You and 99.5 of us have just been eradicated ? Your boat has just been devalued might want to sell instead of making a flower planter for the spouse out front , I'll give ten to a thousand ,got a wash out I need to fill !

aeneas

I was very surprised to see this too but on the other hand when there are no new engines that are light and powerful enough for these hulls - why continue making them? Also, the most recent of those designs was the SS-2000 and that is 20 years old... The 2.5 era is over! Thank you Darris for creating some of the most incredible boats ever built! I am proud to have owned one of the very best!

P.S. Darris, scale the SS-2000 up to a SS-2300 or 2500 and let us hang the new Merc V8:s on it...

Last edited:

allyfreek

I was very surprised to see this too but on the other hand when there are no new engines that are light and powerful enough for these hulls - why continue making them? Also, the most recent of those designs was the SS-2000 and that is 20 years old... The 2.5 era is over! Thank you Darris for creating some of the most incredible boats ever built! I am proud to have owned one of the very best!

P.S. Darris, scale the SS-2000 up to a SS-2300 or 2500 and let us hang the new Merc V8:s on it...
The XB 2003 has been off the website for a while but when the Allison website was updated a few weeks back the SS 2000 and XB 2002 were left off. Actually there are pictures of a black and white SS 2000 under the sport boat picture gallery that is supposed to only be the Grandsport boat.

aeneas

The XB 2003 has been off the website for a while but when the Allison website was updated a few weeks back the SS 2000 and XB 2002 were left off. Actually there are pictures of a black and white SS 2000 under the sport boat picture gallery that is supposed to only be the Grandsport boat.
Yes, you are right! There are several pictures of the Honda tribute SS-2000 they made.

John Richied

They don't need to build anymore of them... the 03's, 02's and SS's left out there, YES even 20 years old as my XB2002 is will outlive the parts left for the 2.5 Mercs...

Now, where is the best place to find some backup 2.5 20" sport master gear cases... LOL

David Shook

Just going on with you Mike, our boats are the best and will be around for many years They have been the pride of my life Thanks to Paul , Darris ,and Nancy and all the guys at the plant for giving all of us many years of pleasure , and there are many more to come , it' just a new era .