do i have too much set back

mignumspeed

i got a 92' xb2002 with a 2006 ss 200xs on it with a 10" jackplate and 2"
of set back and two 58lb batteries in the wings it sets real low in back can i have two much set back for that much weight in the back?

Darth VMAX

Your 200xs weighs a little more than my 200 Vmax Carb. I have a 10" CMC Hyd plate with two batteries in the wings on my XB2002 Comp Pro. It sits nice but I wouldn't want it any lower. As suggested, you might try removing the 2" spacers.

Last edited:

whipper

Do you have floatation in the set back?
You can float an extra inch even two with floatation in the setback. My GS has 4 balls inflated in the setback and have been there for years. They dont come out or pop ever.
When i stand on the swim step with out my feet are wet with the ball liners in there dry.

Last edited:

mignumspeed

i dont have any extra flotation in the set back but ill try it what kind of balls are you using?

ally2dextreme

uuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh,i hate those ugly balls stuffed in the jackplate of a $40,000 ride.lol.....it does help tho.....i would say you difently dont have to much setback.you could take out the spacers as well it wouldnt hurt you to much on top end,not sure if it would solve your problem but it wuld help

whipper

uuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh,i hate those ugly balls stuffed in the jackplate of a $40,000 ride.lol.....it does help tho.
:big grin I got yellow balls to match the boat though. They look nice buried in that cavity. You can get red ones blue balls and even Black if your feel the need. They never have blown. I like my Balls and feel naked with out them. I dont seem to drive as fast without my balls. Link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9BqNOjPJxw

mignumspeed

i didnt know that those motors had that set back built in thanks,and i see i've started something with everyones balls :LMAO:

hack02

Its my understanding that whether its a 20 inch straight leg or a 15 with the extra two inches built in, the gearcase/propshaft ends up at the same place. The difference is the angle of the transom. The 20 starts farther up on the transom which moves it back more than the 15 because of the angle; thus the extra two inched built into the 15 because it starts lower on the angled transom, and needs the added two inches to space the gc back to the same position as the 20. Clear as muddy water.
If when your running a decent speed all trimed to run correctly, level, you can tell if you have too much setback if your having to run a negative trim to keep the hull level.

bigtis

If when your running a decent speed all trimed to run correctly, level, you can tell if you have too much setback if your having to run a negative trim to keep the hull level.
depends on prop also. some need trim others don't.

bullwhipjkg

too much set back think my allison plate is 14" back and the 2" in the 15" mota but i only run a 150 and mine runs great just ask bigtis

Darth VMAX

65 lb difference between your 150 and the 200xs. IMO start easy by removing the spacers and if its still not enough get a smaller plate.

ally2dextreme

Its my understanding that whether its a 20 inch straight leg or a 15 with the extra two inches built in, the gearcase/propshaft ends up at the same place. The difference is the angle of the transom. The 20 starts farther up on the transom which moves it back more than the 15 because of the angle; thus the extra two inched built into the 15 because it starts lower on the angled transom, and needs the added two inches to space the gc back to the same position as the 20. Clear as muddy water.
you are corect sir,but someone will still add the 2 inchs lol.........the last records with the 150 and the 200xs on the 2002 was set at 12 inchs of set back.......we ran 12 on my brothers 225 02 ,ran 100 mph with a stock sportmaster case...i have ran 12 inchs since ive had my 02 with 260 ss.......113 mph with a 26 yamaha ,i like it at 12