Drag prop question

peedeerooster

Guys, I am setting up a 1996 XR2001 to run in the ECDBA super stock class. I should tell you that this is my first go at drag racing. I have purchased 2, 24 yammy drags from other people. One was worked by Baggy and the other by Ronnie Gilbert. I thought I would had a new one to the collection, so I would have 3 to try. I am buying a NIB 24 yammy. I would like to get some good suggestions as for as who to send it to for it to be worked. I know this has to be the right place to ask this question. Any good suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Rolf

I have a 24 and 26 left for sale very close to perfect,375.plus shipping.

Rusrog

Guys, I am setting up a 1996 XR2001 to run in the ECDBA super stock class. I should tell you that this is my first go at drag racing. I have purchased 2, 24 yammy drags from other people. One was worked by Baggy and the other by Ronnie Gilbert. I thought I would had a new one to the collection, so I would have 3 to try. I am buying a NIB 24 yammy. I would like to get some good suggestions as for as who to send it to for it to be worked. I know this has to be the right place to ask this question. Any good suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Both Baggy & RG do damn fine work. If you are looking for another person to try I would say Tillman although I have never dealt with him. Another option is to leave the new one stock, figure out what the other props do well or do not do well, then send pick a builder. If you pic builder A, send the stock prop and the new one, give him your notes from testing and see if he can make one better. That way you always have a prop in 'in the pipe' and you always have a favorite...

whipper

Both Baggy & RG do damn fine work. If you are looking for another person to try I would say Tillman although I have never dealt with him. Another option is to leave the new one stock, figure out what the other props do well or do not do well, then send pick a builder. If you pic builder A, send the stock prop and the new one, give him your notes from testing and see if he can make one better. That way you always have a prop in 'in the pipe' and you always have a favorite...
Thats a good idea!

ziemer

Rather then buying a third 24, you might want to consider a 22. :wink

What motor are you running? 260, 280, or drag?

Hotprop

Administrator
What engine are you going to run ? That makes a big difference on what to do to a prop and which pitch you need . Also what gear ratio are you running ?

jpxb2003

What engine are you going to run ? That makes a big difference on what to do to a prop and which pitch you need . Also what gear ratio are you running ?

Just because it says moderator by your name doesn't mean you know anything:big grin

peedeerooster

I am running a 2.5 260 with the OEM 26cc heads. A lightened flywheel and modified exhaust plate and tuner. The gearcase is a 1.87 to 1 CLE with Bob's nose cone and allison cut skeg. Did I leave anything out?

peedeerooster

Sorry I didn't include the engine info to start with, I do realize that makes a big difference. I am a rookie, I keep forgetting some things that you guys take for granted.

ALLISONMAN

peedee good to see another ss boat in ecdba!! i ran a 260 just like you and ran 24" pitch yamaha!! a 22" will get ya smoked with a 260!! hope to see ya in manning!!!