Dumb question

basscatlildave

Most boats manufacturers went wood free in 2000. Has a-boats always been that way in the XB2003's? I am wanting one but have yet to get to ride in one yet. Also were there any changes in the 2003"s over the years?:beer:

K.Kiser

I don't think there have been any changes in the XB03's, maybe a little detail change here or there but nothing that amounts to anything... The XB03's have always been wood-free, and even the oldest ones are holding up very well other than a little sun fading from being used... Structurally, they are redundantly strong with lots of year after year stamina..

RedAllison

Yep all XB03s are full composite hulls plus the aluminum transom. The rear cockpit floor was changed slightly after the first year or two. Minor changes through the years like dash trim pieces etc... There might've been a minor lip change on the pad after the first year or two but overall the boat is the same now as it was then. (Like anyother A-boats they are lightyears ahead of anything at inception and continues so today so why make wholesale changes?)

Getchu one and you'll never look back, :beer:
RA

Lotus 50

My 2001 SS2000 has wood in the dashboard. I get teased by a boat builder friend about the wood in my 'wood free Ally'.

K.Kiser

My 2001 SS2000 has wood in the dashboard. I get teased by a boat builder friend about the wood in my 'wood free Ally'.
Ha, yeah that little oval piece that is laminated in better than most other boat's transoms... We had better keep a close eye on that little spot.. LOL...