Electronic Lift Plate Gauge - How do I fit it???

DaveW

Hi all,

I have an electronic lift plate gauge from Bob's Machine Shop that came with my XTB-21 and I need to know how to fit it to the boat.

I emailed Bob's and didn't get a response. I was hoping one of you has some experience and/or a picture of one fitted?

Thanks in advance :grin:

DaveW

DaveW

Sure do :grin:

Shipped it over earlier in the year after drooling over them for a very long time. She's 10 years old but you wouldn't know it, and goes pretty quick!

pacman809

Transom Lift Indicator

Dave-

I have a Bob's lift and electronic guage on my XTB. I can send a photo of the set up if you provide an email address. I've never treid to post photos here. I can probably dig up the original installation paperwork and send that to a fax number if you have one also.

pacman

one-fast-one

Hi Dave, how's the boat doing. That guage is for aBob's hyd jack plate. I don't think it will work with other senders. You been able to drive it wide open yet?

Dave You need a Merc. trim sender (don't know if the Bob's guage will work with it) 200 EFI.

Later Dennis

DaveW

Hi Pacman - that would be great if you could, my email is:

wefish@westnet.com.au

I'll shoot a fax number if I can't work it out from the pics.

Howdy Dennis :grin:

Had a few issues (like blowing up a powerhead and snapping a propshaft as well, lost that nice prop :( ) but thanks to the wonders of insurance I now have a brand new powerhead :mrgreen:

At the moment, it's swinging a 22 Lightning ET to 7000rpm and I can hold it over 70mph any day of the week. She tops out at 74 and handles well (but only if well balanced).

We're going to give a 24 ET a go, maybe a 26, to see what happens. The goal is 80 $);

I had her in fresh water a couple of weeks ago. Full load of fuel and gear, three big guys in her and it still went 71 - I can't believe how well it carries a load.

My holeshot is very average, and I'm contemplating a foil. I still haven't had a skid plate built but it's next on the list.

Talk about turn heads.......... everyone loves it. First question is "What the hecks that?" followed by "How do I get one?" :grin:

I'll put a trim sender on it too - when you're over 70mph it get scary turning around to see where your trim and height are :grin: I also took your advice and don't pay too much attention to them and move them until it feels right.

Thanks again for your help.

Dave