ET vs Performer

Dark Ally

I had to do this! :D Hey JohnR225, LongRodder over on FastBass ran his best numbers to date with a 30 ET. :lol: Well today after twisting his arm he went back to the water and ran a 30 Performer with the same set up. The performer was about 1mph faster in its stock mode. :shock: SStom's 30 is 1.2mph faster than mine! :shock: Go get one! :D

B

BP

The performers are the big round ear chopper looking props?
Have you compared them w/a Merc Chopper?
Is a 26 SC cut the drag looking copy?
How do you like the 4 blade..carry a load?
Just being nosey

J

John Richied

The Performer sounds like a prop that's a must try for sure! :)

GotMyAlly

Yeah, the performer looks like a big chopper. Huge ears. First thing I thought when I got mine was "dang...I'm gonna have to have this thing cut down".

I've got a 28" performer that was worked for a bullet. Great prop, but I can put it on the limiter real fast. Last weekend I had a fishing load, 3 people, cooler, and full livewells and I still spun it to the limiter - but I didn't have a GPS so I don't know how fast I was running. It feels like it is actually a little less than a 28" prop. Still runs great though. I'd like to try a 30".

J

John Richied

Well this thing should have PLENTY of bowlift, that's for sure...

J

John Richied

That test was on a Bullet with a 225 running 92.2 Gps and I believe he was like 1

Dark Ally

John these props are slightly worked for your boat. When you call tell Billy or Tim your set up and they send what they think will run best for you. Not all of the props have that much cup rolled into the edges. From my past experience the ones used on a Bullet have a little more bow lift than the Ally props.

J

John Richied

I hear ya James and I have put props on my rig that I thought would fly and they sucked and visa-versa.

The only thing I have ever had cup added to was my Yamaha drag prop… the Choppers and ET’s seem to work very well on Allisons right out of the box. You just have to put it on to find out and if the prop manufacturer will tweak it for your set up, then you should have IT going on for sure…

I’d like to try a Performer prop for sure…

pacesetter

Dark Ally, How do you like the 26SC 4blade? Do you fish with it?
I'm wondering if you get the performer 4 and put an ally cut on it, how would it perform :?:
Well i'm really lookin for a good load carryin fishin prop.

Paul nichols

It's been about a year and a half ago when I ran a 20XD/300X with different props. I ran a 28 Performer, 28ET, 30 ET, 30 Mercury cleaver and 29 SRX DAH while testing. The 3 blade Performer was the fastest prop and the 2nd fastest was the 28 ET...the Performer was about 1-1.5 MPH faster on topend and was quicker on holshot and midrange. The Performer had not been worked at all, but if you buy one it may need to be adjusted a tad to get it just right. I ran the prop before it had a name and was VERY impressed with it...it really doesn't look like it would run all that good with it's thick blades and big diameter, but it does. I haven't had a chance to run the 4 blade yet, but there are a few people around here that love them.

Paul