Ever fire your motor in the garage without the hose?

K.Kiser

Won't hurt it as long as it doesn't run long enough to get hot, as long as the lower unit is off and your not screeching the water pump...

Scott in MN

They sure sound mean w/ out the lower on. I used to do that with a 245 I had, one time I had the tether pulled and cranked it for a while before realizing it and connecting it up. When it fired I thought I blew the mid off it from the explosion of gases built up, didn't make that mistake again.....

Lotus 50

It seems like a bunch of extra cold starts to me. You get a lot more wear with a 4 stroke in a cold start as the oil isn't fully everywhere. Wouldn't a 2 stroke be the same?

Wicky

It seems like a bunch of extra cold starts to me. You get a lot more wear with a 4 stroke in a cold start as the oil isn't fully everywhere. Wouldn't a 2 stroke be the same?
Not quite the same. All I know is that I have been doing this and my motor has never been apart and has never skipped a beat. It fires everytime, even before the key is fully turned and I have been doing this for a long time now.

jas638

Banned
Not quite the same. All I know is that I have been doing this and my motor has never been apart and has never skipped a beat. It fires everytime, even before the key is fully turned and I have been doing this for a long time now.
how does a motor start without the key fully turned?:LMAO: