Fastbass Marine TV

RiverRocket

I’m excited to announce the Fastbass Marine TV Channel is up. Check out the Fastbass Marine TV on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-g...48mllwiJncpZSg and subscribe to get updated when new videos are posted.

In talking with Tim Powell (Fastbass Marine), we thought it would be fun to put out some testing videos on various high-performance boat accessories, props, and modifications. I'm sure more topics will come along related to high-performance boats and bass fishing in the future.

Obviously, this is done with personal budgets and using the boats we currently own or can get our hands on. Tim is waiting for his new hotrod and mine is basically put up for the winter.

In the future, I will be looking to incorporate more boats and drivers. I plan to go to the rally's and bring my gear, so we can get a mix of boats, drivers, and motors. I’m also testing some new gadgets to get more data on the videos. For right now you are stuck with my boat as we get this thing kicked off.

I have three videos up on Fastbass Marine TV. One is the DBR testing that was done this fall, another the first of many prop shootouts, and the other is some interesting light wind testing showing how heading into a light breeze will lift the nose.

Stay tuned!!!!! The following topics are in the works. I’m open to additional ideas as well.

-MadEFI flywheel test (stock, after, with poles) (data collected and in editing)
-250xs 1.75’s vs 300xs 1.62's both running 30p Promax Side by Side Test. What closing speed, acceleration, and hole shot translate to on the water. (filmed and in editing)
-How Power Poles Impact Performance (With or without poles, speed, and nose altitude)
-4 way prop shootout #2 (28 Promax, 28 Bravo XS, 30 Promax, 30 Promax Worked)
-4 way prop shootout #3 (32 P4, 34 P3, 32 Bravo, 32 Promax)
-1.75’s vs 1.62’s 30 Promax (XB21 Prosport 300XS DBR & XB21 2+2 250XS)
-Trolling Motor on vs. off performance.
-Allison Skid Planner (original, cut, new version, removed)
-Planing foil (with vs. without on heavy and light setups)
-Pivoting holeshot plate underneath jackplate
-300R vs. 300XS DBR (my favorite...)

David Shook

You boys seem to be too fast for me to be on your show, I've got an old slow catfish boat which might be of interest to old farts like me, just got her put her put together, just now starting to set it up, don't think it is too light so I cant see much more than 120 out of it, if you might want something that would be of interest to our senior citizens let me know. Thanks Shook 828-606-4731

dubmoney

Shook, you are a legend. Please give us more details about what you have been working on.

David Shook

How,s it going Dub, close as I would come being a legend would be with the local law enforcement LMAO Looks like River and Tim Have a good idea sounds great, Just going on with a little BS as usual, I've got a 2002 haven't been it but once , felt promising, got it for sale in the Boats For Sale section , but may just keep it and see how fast it will go, good too hear from you and good luck to River and Tim on their project, Yall Have a Gooden !

RiverRocket

Would love to do some stuff with 2003's and 2002's. You guys are more secretive with changes........

Plus I don't think any of my gear is fast enough to record you guys. Way too quick for me.

SmallJaw

Geoff we really do need some guys with those awesome 2002’s and 2003’s to come play when we do our get together as sometimes. It would be humbling to run our little of 95’s-100 only to see them old farts blow by at 120. We would all love it. Cannot get to much speed and performance. No such thing.