Food for 08 Fork Rally!!!

RedAllison

Alright guys, times essentially HERE!!! :at the bar This time nextweek most of us will be packin the trucks or already there.

Since most are arriving Wed. 26th we've decided to let everyone just eat their own there on the premises at Moser's Restaurant. (FINE FINE FOOD to now! They are open daily 5am-9pm) Of course we'll eat breakfast there each mornin and everyone is on their own for lunch as there are several lakeside restaurants available during the day. (Me and Jeffro are eatin inda boat, NOT loosin fishin time. Vienna sausages, beer and Pringles here!) :relax:

Bill P. (Texan) has graciously provided his grill/trailer for us.
So we are free to grill/BBQ whatever anyone wants Thurs, Fri and Sat nights. If you like brats/sausages then Thurs. night I was planning on feeding everyone. Just bring your sides, chips, fries or whatever. Dennis told me yesterday that Bill had made a smart statement about just ordering a baked potato and salad from Mosers to take care of your sides. AWESOME plan and would probably take care of each nights sides for little of nothing (Mosers is VERY reasonable).

I was thinking that everyone could just bring their own steaks/hotdogs/burgers whatever they wanted for Fri and Sat nights. Bring your own paper plates and utensils etc... I'm sure there will be enough of us hangin out in the parkin lot around the grill to whip up some steaks or whatever ya bring. I'm purty handy around a grill myself and enjoy it. I'll even have a squirt bottle or two of my infamous marinade handy!

:at the bar
RA

ps
ALSO: Guys Lake Fork has a 16"-24" slot on it. As a matter of necessity for the tournament everyone is going to need a 24" measuring board. Golden Rule is the "official" board of the tournament as they are with 99% of the rest of the market. Be sure and bring ya one. I also have one "paper scale" I found online from that area and will hopefully find 1-2 more before next week. I'll have copies of these for each boat. I think we are getting REALLY LUCKY this year. The lake is FULL POOL after a near decade drought, the constantly changing spring weather has kept the fish back off the beds over the last 2 weeks and the full moon is this Thurs (3/20). The weather is beginning to stabilize and warm so I think we're gonna be there PRIIIIIIIME TIME!!! SOMEONEs GONNA CATCH A TOAD/S.

TN XB-21

Jim.

You left out the number 6 team. I don't know their ID's.

See below:

1). Jim McFarland and ???. Jackson, TN. Arriving on the afternoon of the 26th.

2) Dennis Kenny (TN XB-21) Memphis,TN Arriving on the afternoon of Tues. 25th.

3). Bill Parker Texarkana, Tx and partner Steve Zucca arriving Wednesday afternoon.

4). Bob Anthony (Chattanooga) and partner Rich McKaleb arriving Tuesday evening.

5) Andy Parker (Corinth, MS) arriving sometime wed.

6) Ray Stephenson and Brad Green arriving Tuesday afternoon -- coworker with Bob Anthony

RedAllison

We still at 5 teams tho Den since you and Andy are now the "Dream Team"... :rolling eyes :LMAO:

OH SON I'm ready to SLAM HOME DA STEEL and feel dat head shakin under a stump!!!

RA

Bob Ant

Team number 6 are friends of mine. They are arriving Sunday and leaving on Thursday or Friday due to family obligations.

Bob A.

Texan

I got some home made sausage I'll be bringing that we can toss on da grill as well. It ain't for wienies...you might bring some antacid...but it is dang good. I'll have plenty.

Texan

It might be worth mentioning that, while I know this is a paper tournament, Texas Parks & Wildlife will pay for a fiberglass replica to be given to the angler that boats, and weighs in a 13+ largemounth, then donates it to the Texas Share A Lunker program. Go to http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/v...elunker/rules/ for the specifics. We are gonna be on Fork when the possibility is great for something like this to occur.

We may need to make allowances for this in case someone is fortunate enough to bring something like this to the boat. I, for one will certainly forgo the tournament in order to donate to this program and hang a glass replica on my office wall.

TN XB-21

What is the rule gonna be Mr Tournament Director (AKA RA)???:relax::gone fishing:gone fishing

RedAllison

As TD I hereby claim ANY AND ALL 13+s as counting for ME & JEFFRO. There that was painless and easy!!!

Yesterday I told Dennis that I would NOT want ANYONE killing ANY "over fish" much less a ShareALunker. I would hope that person would take that fish IMMEDIATELY to either Lake Fork Marina or the closest marina for official weighing, photographing and release. Whatever "official" weight is given by any commercial establishment at Fork will be honored for the tournament!
ANY "over" Jeffro or I catch is gonna be officially weighed and then I'm going to immediately carry that fish back to the exact same spot I caught her and RELEASED! I care more about those beauts than I do the tourney or time. For YEARS I have been an advocate of replica mounts REGARDLESS of size or species. All you need is a couple good pics, a length and girth measurement and you'll end up with a much better looking mount that will stay that way for a lifetime.

Lemme also take this opportunity to ask everyone what they think about this idea. Since Fork is large, timber filled lake that is unfamiliar to most of us. In the interest of time, expense and foremost SAFETY. How about allowing folks to trailer to other ramps if they want to? The lake has NUMEROUS ramps via marinas and even former roadbeds scattered allover the lake.

To keep it fair from a time perspective, we would all still need to "blast off" from Lake Fork Marina be it by water or trailer at the official time each morning. EVERYONE would likewise be required to meet back at Lake Fork Marina at the official "weigh-in" time each afternoon.

This is no longer a "money tournament" as all entry fee's are going to Marks' widow Michelle and I feel completely comfortable with trusting everyone and this IS a buddy fishing trip first and foremost anyway.

What say you guys?

RA

Texan

That's the way most tournaments are on Fork. Even the McDonalds tournament in October allows trailering. The year that Hurricane Rita came through, the storm came right up and settled over Fork the weekend of the McDonalds. I figured they would cancel, but they didn't claiming that since you could trailer the boat anywhere, it would be okay. They had 3000 boats on the water that weekend.

RedAllison

3,000 boats??? :cuss Sheezus talk about a headache. Seems like the weigh-in would take all day. Is that a standard format tourney or a "big bass tourney" where you weigh-in big fish as soon as they are caught and have prizes for largest fish of the hour, day etc...?

3000 boats, well there'll be about that many in Mustang and Lil Mustang... :laughing
RA

Texan

3,000 boats??? :cuss Sheezus talk about a headache. Seems like the weigh-in would take all day. Is that a standard format tourney or a "big bass tourney" where you weigh-in big fish as soon as they are caught and have prizes for largest fish of the hour, day etc...?

3000 boats, well there'll be about that many in Mustang and Lil Mustang... :laughing
RA
That was a light load. The year before they had more. They trailer the boats and have big bass of the hour.

I remember about 10-15 years ago, at the McDonalds down on Lake of the Pines, near Longview, some idiot caught what would have been the 2nd place fish over all, a few days before the tournament. He tied the fish up to a stick up, then went back on tournament day and retrieved the fish and shoved a ball bearing down its throat. When he brough it in, naturally everyone thought he had won the million dollar pot. They X-rayed the fish, found the ball bearing and DQ'ed his arse, then took him to jail. Had he left it alone, he'd won something like $40K, but prolly wouldn't have passed the ploygraph.