Found something I like better about 03 vs 02

JOEALLY

Today, before my motor started acting up, I was cruising about 80 in the 02 and felt really uneasy about my son (11 yrs old) being behind me. In my 03 I had the side slide and could put the second bucket up front beside me.

I don't try to wring every last mph out of it with him in there anyway but just feels more comfortable to me with him beside me instead of behind me.

I still like getting on the deck of the 02 better.

It might just be my eye as I haven't measured but the 02 rear deck looks smaller as well.

Anyone with an 03 want to trade for an 02? :help

In fairness, I've only been fishing for a few hours over a couple of short trips in the 02 so I may end up loving it.

fnshrmaster

Today, before my motor started acting up, I was cruising about 80 in the 02 and felt really uneasy about my son (11 yrs old) being behind me. In my 03 I had the side slide and could put the second bucket up front beside me.

I don't try to wring every last mph out of it with him in there anyway but just feels more comfortable to me with him beside me instead of behind me.

I still like getting on the deck of the 02 better.

It might just be my eye as I haven't measured but the 02 rear deck looks smaller as well.

Anyone with an 03 want to trade for an 02? :help

In fairness, I've only been fishing for a few hours over a couple of short trips in the 02 so I may end up loving it.
I was going to get an 02 myself. Got to Tennessee and left with an 03. I really like the looks but found the inline seating not the best for my use right now. Not sure how it would be set up like an 03 with two seats and a bench?

I guess give it some time, if you don't like it one things for sure, you can sell it faster than any other brand boat.:big grin

Darth VMAX

I just have a pure side console in my 02. No slide just 2 seats up front and a rear bench.

I know.....pics. Waiting better weather.

Dave Hensley

Joe put you a small rear view mirror on the right side of the console so you can look back and see your son. Trust me here, I am not chiding you for running 80 with your son in the boat. I used to run really fast with mine when they were younger, but, at anything over 70 things could happen to make the boat hook. Say the trim hung up, prop slings a blade, skeg breaks, etc. With a passenger to your left you will end up slamming into them. Also the boat settles in the water off throttle and generally handles better sitting in line, my $.02.

JOEALLY

Joe put you a small rear view mirror on the right side of the console so you can look back and see your son. Trust me here, I am not chiding you for running 80 with your son in the boat. I used to run really fast with mine when they were younger, but, at anything over 70 things could happen to make the boat hook. Say the trim hung up, prop slings a blade, skeg breaks, etc. With a passenger to your left you will end up slamming into them. Also the boat settles in the water off throttle and generally handles better sitting in line, my $.02.
That exact thought & the mental picture of that photo catfish posted went through my mind right before my motor started acting up. :gasp

msethsmile

Funny Guy
Joeally--
You would have to step up from behind the double front seat, unless you have very, very narrow feet and are an acomplished acrobat.

Scott in MN

Joeally--
You would have to step up from behind the double front seat, unless you have very, very narrow feet and are an acomplished acrobat.
I do know a couple of people that started the day fishing in their xb02's and ended up swimming unintentionally. Even with that it would be very hard to sell my xbo2.

FlatOutAlly

I do know a couple of people that started the day fishing in their xb02's and ended up swimming unintentionally. Even with that it would be very hard to sell my xbo2.
I know one that started his evening off in the xb03 and had to run to the cabin and change. It's not the boat model that causes this. It's the fishin' buddy. Pretty sure he shoved me. Didn't dull the enthusiasm though. :gone fishing

Last edited:

brotherxb03

I personaly wouldn't run faster than mid to high 50's with my grand kids in my 03. But I'm just a old farrt that don't wan't to die with something bad on my plate.

AllyCool

I have the larger console (sport) with center steer and I have 2 small mirrors mounted in each corner so I can see my twins sitting behind me while running. Works good but then again I don't run much over 60 if they are with me.

As for getting on the deck with side by side seats... sound too much like a circus act if you intend to put anything in the livewell.