Fuel comin out lower unit?

pickwickangler

I got a little fuel comin out of the lower unit water intak on my sportmaster. Laser injected 260. WHY?????

bringit

fresh or burned fuel?u could have a fuel pump/mechanical leaking in crank case.but are u having any running problems,need more info.

pickwickangler

Running like a top. Fuel pump is electrical and only comes on when the key is on. Pulled all the plugs and they look fine, as do the cylinders. The fuel was not burned, looked fresh.

bringit

its kinda hard to fathem fresh fuel coming out the case,motor runnen fine.is the fuel coming out of the inside,or is it coming from under pan.i have had customers engines have fuel leaks and find out that the fuel will travel down the mid.some times hard to spot,u can have leak on inside of the pan and could travel down shift shaft.im sure u have checked all the obviuos?

pickwickangler

So are we talking about a 225 ProMax injection system on a 260?
Yep, with a PCU. I checked everything out and everything looks good from inside the garage. May have been one of dem moments :cuss. I will check it out again next time I go to the river.

bigtis

I'm agreeing with the "maybe" there was a pinhole in the fuelline or something of that nature inside the cowl.