FUEL FILTER AGAIN

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Does anyone know the cross-reference number for the inline fuel filter for the Merc 2.5's? I know it's a Purolator filter but don't have the number.

I've tried the NAPA 3093 as on my other boats but it has a female threaded flange with an inverted flare connection and nobody around here has the appropriate 3/8" hose barb male connector. Tried all the local automotive shops and hardware stores and nobody's got one.

Thanks for any help....

B

BP

Try WIX 33033 or 33482 or cross them to whosever brand. They should have 3/8 hose barbs on both ends, so no need for extra fittings. If I remember, the difference between the two #'s is the size of the canister. Either should work.

I don't remember which one I'm using , it's raining like hell and I'm not checking. :D

hack02

I run a Napa Gold 3482 or a Wix which is the same number with a 3 in front-33482. Both probably the same filter, although I don't know this for a fact. I like to change them often, cheap insurance. And like Bob said, they have 3/8 fittings.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Now that's FUNNY Bob.. :lol: I see we have some of the same luck.

Those numbers did the trick, got the right filter no problem. Can't thank you guys enough.

Lou