Fyi

David Shook

It is still amazing to me that many of you don't know what it takes to set a world record?
The APBA is the sanctioning organization for the UIM of Monaco here in the U. S. The previous record holders are in the UIM web site as they always will be, My friend Paul Nichols records are there in his various classes he has two or three, including most hair spray in a helmet.LOL!!!!!! They have class's from PWC to Ken Warbys 300+ boat, good dude by the way, stayed in the room next to him in Fla. a few years back, A very humble and unassuming man, I thought he was just passing by, didn't realize he even knew what a boat was. LOL !!!! I'm going through this for the last time , A world record is set by a two way pass of a kilo which is 5/8 miles, which it takes about 3/8 for me get to what ever the current record is, so you have to keep it on pad for at least a mile + as the markers can float and may not be the true electronically timed kilo. So best I can figure I would have to be on pad for 2.5 miles in two different directions to set a record.
I bought my boat out of a salvage yard, had a stock Mercury Drag, I'm not a boat Mechanic, I'm an electrician, it takes me three hours min. to test a prop as I'm a mountain boy and don't have a lake to run on. I broke three records in three day's, Jaco's 105 the first day, two the third day , my own and then Glen Reynolds the third for top speed for a bass boat which his was 1/8 mile with a stop watch mine was 5/8 mile with state of the art timing equipment.
Bring on your special boats built by Bullet and Stroker with special built motors and drivers like me who don't give a ****, I like them boys, they're goodens, I sold the carp boat, just drag racing now, which I ain't worth a **** at, scaring the hell out of the other racers, but if one of yall will let me borrow your 2002 for a few days, we,ll show them the *** end.
Shook

strip

this post makes me wonder...who has been shooting off at the mouth this time...I get the feeling sometimes that cuts some of the "other boat" owners to the quick to not be able to best your record. But, my thoughts on this is that to make the "other boats" quick enough to get that kind of speed in a kilo, they will have to lighten them so much that they won't be able to keep them on the water due to their wider hull designs. I just don't see anyone ever busting that record even if the apba would actually set up and give someone a shot at it. As far as Ken Warby goes, I have heard from others that he is one cool dude. But, I have also heard the same of you. It would be a great day to meet either of you guys. Thanks for posting. sure wish there was some vids of your record run somewhere.

aeneas

David, I read about your amazing feats setting those records! Truly very impressive!

I wouldn't mind seeing those news clips posted also here on the forum!

whipper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YixkTPHPnUc&feature=youtu.be

I think this guy is going to take a stab at it possibly..20CC with custom built 2.5L motor
He was 13 mph off in that vid if the motors not stock. Modified class is 129mph with mods done to the motor. The motor cant be hopped up at all in Shooks class. They will tear down the motor to make sure its Stock after the passes as they did Davids. The average is what counts. David had a one pass over 119!! But wind gusts knocked down the average the other pass. Its one thing to do these speeds modified and another with a stock motor. If the 20CC is modified the records 129mph I believe by Glen with a 2.4 moded. Glens is classed as a ski bottom I think though that 129 run?? Shooks in a Fishing boat class Stock motor is 116.7? average of two passes first pass was over 119!!

Its hard to find a stock S3000 these days. If theres a new record to be had the wider heavier boats would need an pretty tall prop with the decreased revs of a stock 300XS motor these days.

Last edited:

xb03fs

I think I read the motor is modded, I believe the boat is supposed to be a stock comp hull

Last edited:

whipper

116 on his GPS. Thats fast for sure no matter what motor!! The hull has potential for sure. Still needs some fine tunning to break a record but he seems to be on the right track I would think. Just a few hundred more passes like that and he might have the consistancy down to repete it in the distance required on any given day.:big grin

David Shook

Whipper,
How you doing friend? I don' get on here much anymore, but was just having a little fun B. S,ing.
I hear so many versions of what I did just wanted to try to explain it to some of the new guys, The rules best I can remember were, the boat had to weigh at least 1500 lbs with driver and equipment, I weighed 1510 after my first run. it had to be a current production line boat, we were allowed to work the bottoms but nothing else, The engine rating couldn't exceed the Coast Guard rating of the boat.
The engine couldn't exceed 3.0 Liters, but you could modfy it all you wanted, I suppose this is where the unlimited came from, Mine was bone stock, hadn't had it long enough to throw the real **** at it yet . LOL!
Had to be Race fuel, no nitrous.
Basically broke me down to see if the cubes were correct and did a fuel check, Mercury stock 2.5 Drag and 110 Sunoco.
You can't just build a special boat to run an existing class, has to be a current production line boat, If you could do that we would take the Racer X Skater throw a couple 1200 Sterlings on ,two bass seats and a live well and run 200mph, what do you think about that chit Racer?
Ya'll have a gooden. See you Whip.
Shook

whipper

David you should get on hear more than you have been. You always have great info. Yes theres been alot of new Allison owners and we all only can learn from guys like yourself that setup these boats to reach there full potential. Its always interesting to find out the details. I didnt know for instance the fuel octain part you just mentioned or weight. Its these little details that are good to know. One things for sure. It doesnt matter if your or anyone elses record ever gets broke. You will always be a record holder. Know one can take that away.

So drag racing sounds like alot of fun!! I watch videos of Allisons drag racing all the time. Sure makes me want a S3000 on my GS.

Keep on keepen on down the pond Shook.

James

bringit

i guarantee this!!oh shook is one of the few that is a damn good guy,and he worked his a$$ off to get this title!!!if i could get it i damn sure would and i will guarantee u that shook would even be there to help,facts and nothin else!!!!i have fished alot of tournies and such and all u hear is whinen because its too cold,wind,wrong day,etc........i race alot and i get my a$$ handed to me also,but at the end of the run me and the guy that dusted my rear i cut up withem.no hard feelings at all,now if they cheat thats nothing but a theif!we all want the fastest the badest the best,but at the end of the day its what we all love......is too go fast as hell.u gotta consider that shook is old as hell anyway,bygod he will probably hold a wheelchair speed record also,so what the heck.and also he's kinda skeerd of my boat too.hhheeeeehhhhheehhhheeeeee

David Shook

bringit,
I'm gonna have my graphics man put you a big middle finger on the back of my boat just in case I might be busy rolling one and wouldn't want to lose a seed giving you the real one as I'm going through the 1/4 lights as you enter the 1/8. Love you brother!!!!!!
Shook

michael j giesler

HI David RacerX sold his 21' skater it was fast now he has an old xr-2002 that looks mint hard to think it's a 1984 i think your record is safe you haulin a$$ for sure in a bass boat:cool: