GPI power for the little red boat.

J

John Richied

Yes its true! I am so excited I can hardly contain myself… After talking with Randy on the phone a few times and e-mails back and forth I finally made the plunge. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Randy is going to build a mild 280 for me! After years of running my 1996 225 ProMax I am really PAST excited. Like my boys just told me, “it’s about time!” I went the mild route, this is no 372-propshaft horsepower fire breathing Merc, but an engine that will last and perform.

With the extra 50ish horsepower then I am use to running this is going to be a dream come true for me… Anyway I just had to post that I finally made the decision to do this and it’s going to be an even longer winter for me then usual. But a GREAT winter project!

I know I don’t have enough horsepower to beat a race/drag boat but the only appropriate way to end this post is… Lets Drag Baby!

B

BP

when does it stop? faster hulls? bigger hp?
This whole board is getting infected with a virus.
I no longer bathe or pay my bills and I sleep in my boat.
I have sold everything to have more cash for my addiction.
I am stealing my neighbors plasma TV tonight to pay for an 24 ET.

congrats John, get help before its too late :lol: :lol:

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Good Deal PINKIE!! Congratulations!

I guess this means you'll be looking for an alien cowl? I know where you can find one...on the boat that's AHEAD of you! :lol:

Seriously...I'm happy for ya. Welcome to the DARK SIDE :twisted:

Once you stab that, no going back....hehehe

LET'S DRAG BABY!

J

John Richied

Thanks guys… I know it’s the right thing to do.

congrats John, get help before its too late
BP, With guys like you helping me how can I go wrong?

I guess this means you'll be looking for an alien cowl? I know where you can find one...on the boat that's AHEAD of you!
Lou you just do your self a favor and keep the XB-03 on the trailer, or I will send it back to the trailer where it belongs. Now the XR, I know will still make me want my mommy,. :wink:

RB in NM

Congrats John !

Looks like Santa Claus will be paying you a visit soon!!!

Good news, I know you are ALL pumped bout new, more power......Now,, we need to discuss that 225 that will be laying around soon to be gathering dust.....

RB

GPI Racing

I'd like thank John on allowing me to build him what I feel is something special. This motor is totally thought out on what his true needs will be and not just some high hp monster.

John's motor will have the new (not seen by the public) GPI intake plate. This plate takes the place of the reed plate and the usual 1" spacer. It is a one piece device that places the injectors ahead of the reeds. The std airhorn controls the airflow. We have had several prototypes running all year. The benefits are more controlled fuel delivery by using the reed as the 'timing device'. Mercury fires the injectors in groups of 2 so when one piston is up the other is somewhere else and that is not the best way to run a 2 stroke motor. By placing the injectors 'upstream' we have found a nice acceleration increase with a side benefit of better overall reliability. Most of you know that I play with SVS, Mad and a host of other intake systems. This intake is the result of the last few years of finding the things I liked about each system and incorperating them into a unit that will fit 280's, 260's, drag's, engines with SVS's, even pro max's with some additional components. I wasn't going to let the cat out of the bag yet, but figure you guys might get a kick out of something new.

Thanks to John for his confidence...

Randy

B

BP

Randy,
Do you plan on having any info/data public (website, forums, etc.)?
When will they be officially for sale to the general public?
Probably got your hands full with other chit (hollywood stuff) so, I'll just call you anyway, but was curious if your going to do a public launch and the have Queen break a bottle of Champagne over one.
I have been looking at a MAD intake that is for sale locally. I will wait.

Don't mean to hijack Johns thread so back to....

Lets Drag Baby!!!

D

DarthVMAX

AWESOME JR!!!! Thats a cool cool deal and way to work within the family! KUDOS to GPI. Ok now what can I get that modified 3.3L that you have at GPI for? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GotMyAlly

Oh man....now that he's gettin' some real power, Johns head is gonna swell to the point that he'll HAVE to buy an XB2003 for some wind protection.

jay j

CONGRATS JOHN

GOOD STEP. A CENTER HORN MOTOR IF CARE IS TAKEN AND THE RIGHT STEPS CAN MAKE A VERY RELIABLE LAKE MOTOR THAT WILL EAT A PRO MAX'S LUNCH MOTOR FOR MOTOR AND ON PUMP GAS. MINE IS GOING TO GET A FRESHENING UP IN A MONTH AND SINCE I HAVE WORKED MY BUGS OUT AND HAVE INSTALLED A SAFE STEERING SYSTEM THIS LITTLE RED BOAT DOES RIGHT WELL. TO BAD WE ARE SO FAR AWAY, I STILL MISS MY LITTLE RED BOAT. OH AND YOU WILL GET OVER THE CENTURY MARK EASY WITH A 24 YAMMIE PULLING LIKE A FREIGHT TRAIN. GOOD LUCK AND MERRY CHRISTMAS EARLY.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Johnny Ringo has done us a favor by taking "225 stock rotating assembly" out of the dictionary. :lol:

Good for you Johnny, I know the feeling of anticipation!