gps reading

fischnrod

Are the readings on a gps true readings, and is there any way to check it out to be certain?:confused: :confused:

whipper

There slow to react also. Some times you must hold the speed for a long time till the gps catches up. Radar is the most accurate or laser. GPS is still better than a speedo. James

LAAllison

We all had challenged or heard of folks that didn't believe the police radar so I'm not sure that the radar gun that some of the guys have is accurate. You could take your stop watch and hit the highway and check against known distances on the road (like our 1/4 on hwy 32). Ive checked one against the speedo in The Vette and they seem right on.

Art

Roll Tide

GotMyAlly

They are slow to catch up, some more so than others. If you go by the top speed recall, that can be decieving. I've made long runs at 92 mph with the unit bumping 93 mph occassionally, but once during the run somewhere over a 10 mile stretch, the unit will get an erroneous reading of 110 mph for a split second. If you go by the top speed recall, you were doing 110. I think GPS is accurate if you stretch it out and just keep an eye on the instaneous reading (or have a passenger do it).