graigslist problem

jonesy

I am looking for an xb2003 and found one I was interested in on craigslist . I contact the man and he sends me a picture of the boat and it is a picture of K-DAWGS boat ? the one he uses on his post, the only diff is you can see the river bank. even has the same reg. # on the boat . What the h*** . first time ever checking something on craigslist dont know what to think about that but not going to drive 500 miles not nowing what is going on. Any one else had simular problems with craigslist and boats? maybe he just needed a photo?

Last edited:

GotMyAlly

I've got my jeep listed for sale on craigslist. I've got hits from lots of spammers and fraudulent attempts. Very few valid responses. I think there's lots of BS on there.

BP1

Well unless K-Dawg is selling his boat, you must assume the ad is a fraud.
Take a pass, there will be another one.

And you might want to flag it, since there are others who wouldn't know the boat in the pic belongs to somebody else.

GotMyAlly

I'm willing to bet if you send the guy an email and express interest in the boat, he will try to get you to send him a cashiers check to hold it for you or he'll want you to send payment to a holding acct and promise delivery in 2 weeks or something like that......

strip

I am selling a 4 wheeler on craigslist. I got an email stating for me to send him my address and a phone # and he would send me a check and then have his shipper come and pick it up. I told him to send me his phone number and I would call him and discuss it. He said his phone was broken and just send him my addy and he would mail me payment. I told him to $$##$ off. I figure the scam would happen like this. He sends me a bogus check and then sends his shipper by b4 I could verify a bad check, or he tells me he needs to wire the money and asks for a checking account #, or he gets directions and tries to figure out my work hours so he can just burgularizes me.

I would be very careful on craigslist and not do any deals that were not cash and in person. if I was to send some cash for a small purchase to be mailed to me, I would talk to them on the phone and have a good name address and phone number so I could whoop him later if need be.

msharp

IT is a shame that the people have got in to ripping off brothers in boating . THE dollar has made good people go bad , Good luck on your hunt !!!

jonesy

I should call him out as msharp said but I will just let it go. The way I figure it if he is legit someone on her would Know him and chime in or maybe he will do it himself .to clear the air a little . I was getting a little skeptical when he said the boat was in NC and he lived in NJ but who knows I might just be to skeptical. Better safe than sorry . But I will find the right one soon. Thanks

msharp

YESSER you are probably doing the best thing , letting it go , Man I am working on that, just hate for people to try to take advanage of others,

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
How bout a link to it? No, my boat aint for sale. Its in my Garage!!!!......lol Of course for the right price I'll sell my first borne..................lol

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
I should call him out as msharp said but I will just let it go. The way I figure it if he is legit someone on her would Know him and chime in or maybe he will do it himself .to clear the air a little . I was getting a little skeptical when he said the boat was in NC and he lived in NJ but who knows I might just be to skeptical. Better safe than sorry . But I will find the right one soon. Thanks

I'll call his *** out give me his number, email whatever or however you are suppose to contact him.

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
I sent them an email telling them that their using a pic of my boat and they need to delete their ad. This is what I got in return from them......lol

"I apologize for the inconvience. I was trying to show the potential buyer what the boat looked like, which is exactly like the picture I got off of google images. Its the same year, color, and make, sorry for using google images to show a potential buyer what model it looks like. "

h2oskiier30

I have a co-worker that's looking to buy a camper. He saw one on craigslist, really nice condition and a great price. He started inquiring about it, and it's a total scam. Guy claimed the camper was in New Hampshire (after advertising it on craigslist Pensacola) and that his brother owned a transport company, and would transport it for free. All my co-worker had to do was send the money to him and his brother would deliver the camper...lol. This dude had even set up a fake ebay (looking) page so it could be paid for through it "securely".

These type of people need to be beaten with a lead pipe.

jonesy

K-DAWG took care of it , something must have been up for them to delete the listing so fast . I will continue shopping just without craigslist. thank everyone. heck I am skeptical of ebay sure dont need craigslist

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
Heres a copy of what I actually sent them.

"If you don't delete your forsale ad in craigslist I am going to report you to the authorities. You have fwded a picture of my boat (Allison) to potential buyer. I do not appreciate this nor does the potential buyer. "

I forgot to even look to see how much they were try'in to get for it..........................lmao!!

strip

Craigs list aint a bad deal. It just has some scammers trying to take advantage of it. I search craigslist often and post stuff for sale. The deal is to not trust anyone with anything on that site. All transactions must be cash in hand or no deal. If a guy shows up with a check than he don't get my stuff. I got burned by a guy writing me a check for a 4 wheeler years ago by him stopping payment after he trashed my bike. No more checks for this dude unless I hold the merchandice until it clears.