Grandsport vs. SS 2000

What is your preference and why?

• Grandsport

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • SS 2000

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

mikesufka

One more thing - I couldn't vote for one over the other. They're both that good. What's the better fit for you right now is the answer.

MDS

Charlie Bear

This is such amazing information I can't begin to thank you all enough. I never thought I could get such a fantastic discussion and pictures of the two models. This type of information would take a long time to amass and a lot of dollars to acquire over many years. Thank you for sharing with me . The fact that I'm in Seattle area makes it exponentially more difficult. It is becoming very apparent that the GS is the best fit for me however who could turn down an SS after all it's an ALLISON!

I have been wondering if the side by side slide seating like in Old Yeller do they ever make the helm slide side to side and when you remove the port side seat do you take it completely out or fasten it behind the center seat?

Jon

Supporting Member
Most SS's have the 2 person bench in the rear, and just toss the 2nd seat if you pull it. I hated balancing my GS, so center steer is definitely the way to go, just not as social. They're just different boats to drive, and weight distribution on boats so light is very important.

I sold my GS to some sucker on the board here, and if I had to do it over again, I would even consider an XB if I wanted a general lake boat. If you're not going to turn blazing speeds, the SS or GS are safe enough, but I do not feel as easy to drive as an XB, and nowhere near as easy to dock. The GS definitely fits a cooler better than an SS, and both have good space in the bow for a paddle, or children who want to sleep.

You won't hate any choice you make. They're all fun.

mikesufka

Mr. Bear -

If you're that serious, why don't you plan a quick flight to central MN and you can drive both back to back. I'm sure Russ wouldn't mind and I know I wouldn't. Then you'd have them both to look at.

The XB2002 is a different animal and another wonderful boat. I didn't know that was in the equation. I thought about one of those too at one point. This is getting expensive - LOL.

MDS

flying07

Mr. Bear -

If you're that serious, why don't you plan a quick flight to central MN and you can drive both back to back. I'm sure Russ wouldn't mind and I know I wouldn't. Then you'd have them both to look at.

The XB2002 is a different animal and another wonderful boat. I didn't know that was in the equation. I thought about one of those too at one point. This is getting expensive - LOL.

MDS
After seeing and driving the Tuna Barge, how could he possibly like Ole' Yeller ;-) Minus the fact it's faster, lighter, and owned by the infamous 'Big Mike' haha

better yet, bring a checkbook, maybe the Tuna Barge needs a new home if you like it :)

Last edited: