Greetings.

Farnborough

I'm a retired cop, honorably retired by an injury in the line of duty.

My wife and I recently retired to central Texas.

I have admired Allisons for decades.

I'm not particularly interested in bass boat configurations, but that's all I'm seeing on Allison's website.

Hoping they still have the molds for configurations like the XS-2003 and the SS-2000.

wcarlyle

Supporting Member
Welcome. Call Bill or Nancy at Allison Boats and ask about ordering either of those. Or you can talk to Glenn at Reynolds Racing in Tennessee, nice guy and an Allison dealer. I absolutely love my Grand Sport and you will too. Good luck, I hope you are able to get one. You will love it like I do. By the way, I am a police officer also, 44 years so far. Thanks for your service.

Allison Boats 865-983-5920
Reynolds Racing 865-882-9623

Farnborough

44 years? Thank you for your service. Now retire, brother. Being a retired cop is WAY better than being a cop.

Farnborough

Welcome. Call Bill or Nancy at Allison Boats and ask about ordering either of those. Or you can talk to Glenn at Reynolds Racing in Tennessee, nice guy and an Allison dealer. I absolutely love my Grand Sport and you will too. Good luck, I hope you are able to get one. You will love it like I do. By the way, I am a police officer also, 44 years so far. Thanks for your service.

Allison Boats 865-983-5920
Reynolds Racing 865-882-9623
I called Bill and Nancy at Allison.

It seems like several forces have really changed the market for them.

First of all, bass boats have become a really big thing, and have basically displaced outboard sport boats of this size in the marketplace. But I'm not looking for a fishing boat.

Bill said they quit making the smaller/lighter boats because Mercury quit making the 2-stroke engines that worked so well (because they were lighter). That's really unfortunate. Chasing 80 mph with a 115-horse SS-2000, or a 150-horse XS-2003, sounds like fun to me.

They said they still have the molds for the XS-2003, but Nancy said they haven't built one in years, and that they wouldn't be able to build one now even if they wanted to, because they don't have enough parts to do so, and they've lost a lot of parts suppliers.

We also discussed their web site, and Nancy explained that they're having to rebuild the entire web site after a falling out with the person they subbed that work out to.

Nancy did say that they are developing a new larger Grand Sport that can handle todays 300-horsepower engines, but one of the things that has always appealed to me, is that Allisons didn't need big expensive engines to go reasonably fast. I don't think it would be nearly as much fun to have to pay for a $35K 500-pound engine to make a new larger heavier Allison do 80 mph.

wcarlyle

Supporting Member
Yes, I am ready. I have several Cold Cases I am working on and want to see through to the end. Maybe a year or two at most. Time goes so fast, it just seemed like yesterday I pinned the badge on for the first time.

Good people. Go to the Scream and Fly High Performance Boating site and keep and eye out. You may just see something used pop up there that is turn key and ready to go. Or a boat with no power that you can then find power for. You should join the site so you can send messages and respond to for sale adds. This is mine. 18028

Lotus 50

I spent a few years chasing 90 with a lightly modified 150 on an SS2000. It’s more fun with a bigger motor and better acceleration. The current motor is a 200XS. My brother has a Grandsport that runs 72 on the rev limiter. He has little interest in re propping. He can pull a slalom skier and hit 72 with the same prop. Your needs may vary. Looked after, a Grandsport or an SS2000 should last a very long time. Shop around for a used one.

You might also consider one of the 20’ bass boats, XB2002 or 2003 even if you don’t fish. I might get one when I am 80 so I can step on the deck off the dock. I don’t fish

inthewoods

Probationary User
I recommend taking a look at the XB-21 ProSPort. Attached is a picture of mine. I installed the top and built a custom boarding ladder. It seats four, is multi-functional, plus it more than scoots.

Attachments

Farnborough

No.

The tone of the conversation did not make me think there were guys in the back laying them up, but it sounded like something they were actively working on.

David Shook

The SS2000s seem to come up on a regular basis on Scream & Fly most with engines , I think if you will be patient youll find a gooden, good luck and be safe learning too drive, Yall slow down, Have a gooden. Shook

GotMyAlly

I called Bill and Nancy at Allison.

It seems like several forces have really changed the market for them.

First of all, bass boats have become a really big thing, and have basically displaced outboard sport boats of this size in the marketplace. But I'm not looking for a fishing boat.

Bill said they quit making the smaller/lighter boats because Mercury quit making the 2-stroke engines that worked so well (because they were lighter). That's really unfortunate. Chasing 80 mph with a 115-horse SS-2000, or a 150-horse XS-2003, sounds like fun to me.

They said they still have the molds for the XS-2003, but Nancy said they haven't built one in years, and that they wouldn't be able to build one now even if they wanted to, because they don't have enough parts to do so, and they've lost a lot of parts suppliers.

We also discussed their web site, and Nancy explained that they're having to rebuild the entire web site after a falling out with the person they subbed that work out to.

Nancy did say that they are developing a new larger Grand Sport that can handle todays 300-horsepower engines, but one of the things that has always appealed to me, is that Allisons didn't need big expensive engines to go reasonably fast. I don't think it would be nearly as much fun to have to pay for a $35K 500-pound engine to make a new larger heavier Allison do 80 mph.
They've been working on that "larger grandsport" for nearly 20 years. Im afraid the time for that niche market may have passed them by.

Reactions: 22R