GT 20 hull weight

DOUBLE J

I picked up a GT 20 from a friend of mine for virtually nothing. I had just finished updating a Grandsport and was complaining that I'm in need of a new project. So anyhow he basically gave me his old GT 20 to restore. I was wondering if anybody knew what the hull weight is on these hulls. It seems to be laid up fairly light(it's not a race but a ski version). I plan on dropping it off @ Full throttle Performance(Jack Barsh) in the next week of two for him to put his "love" on it( new transom, bottom worked/ lip added, gel: top, bottom and inside). After that I'll rig it and post some pics of the final results. I'm thinking I will either put a 200 or 225 pro max on her. Thinking of going with a Whipper color scheme(White,yellow secondary and black windshield).

Jimxb02

Allison data in old 1980 catalogue shows 800 pounds.

Jim

DOUBLE J

Thanks. I looked and couldn't find any info on hull weight. This hull, the top feels light and so does the inside gunnel walls. I was hoping it would be around 800 or so. I'm going to see if Jack will weigh it before and after the resto. to see what the difference will be. I'm hoping that it will actually be faster than my Gransport with comparable power. I guess time will tell.

DOUBLE J

I called a couple or three weeks ago and they hadn't started on it yet. I plan on calling next week and see if the rebuild has begun. One of the board members here is suppose to start a thread on the progress with pics. Since he hasn't started one yet I got a feeling nothing has been done.