GT 20 Twin

BGohr

Up for sale is a real piece of Allison/Mercury racing history, a 1979 GT20 twin. Originally set up for racing NOA Unlimited outboard class. As far as I can find out there are only 3 of these left and 2 of them are not for sale. This boat was originally owned by Lanny Lowman. It has 2 consectutive numbered original 1979 Formula 2 engines on it.

As most of you know I bought this last year, I renewed it and drove it a few times, so I had my fun with it.

When I recieved it, it was in severe need of TLC so it got it.

The Boat was stripped, wet sanded and buffed, bottom checked, rewired, new 1980 style tachs, new steering cable, pulleys, batteries, fuel tank, fuel pumps, regulators and filters, throttle cables.

The engines were,

rebuilt/restored, the powerheads got new rings, bearings, 2.5 style upper mains and rods, reeds, new stators and rectifiers, all the rusty bolts were replaced, one motor got switch boxes, coils were replaced.

The gearcases were rebuilt,

one replacement case, one set of gears, all new seals and pomps, the center sections got new adjustable thrust jacks.

The trailer has been replaced with and 06' single axle trailer with brakes, spare tire.

The boat came with a custom cover.

Contact me at,

847 356 3245
847 274 9378

Billgohr@aol.com

Attachments

Last edited:

On Tap

I saw this boat at the Three Lakes Shoot-Out this past June.

It's in amazing condition, set up looked spot-on as it ran through the radar chute!

Incredible piece of Allison history. Hope whoever buys it takes extremely good care of it.

Good Luck w/the sale...

BGohr

Thanks, it's on Ebay now for best offer

racerx

Those power heads look new,just look at the detail of them,billy does super work.

Mr. Scary

Those power heads look new,just look at the detail of them,billy does super work.
Are you trying to knock some $$$ off your bill? :)

No, they actually do look like brand new. That's because Bill doesn't drive anything...he just likes to stare at it I think. Driving it gets it dirty.

BGohr

BGohr

I will be driving to Florida the day after Thanksgiving so if anyone is interested it can be dropped off along the way

racerx

Hey John when you gonna buy yourself a christmas toy,i think its time you get yourself an alley...