Hbird Si on MKota Terrova troller

SmallJaw

Smalljaw,

The newer BasSports have a recessed pedal and I don't think the hull has changed. You should be fine but agree with calling Mother Allison just to make sure before cutting into it. I installed one on my last boat (not an Allison) and it worked fine. Used a Saw Zall to cut the hole.
I indeed will call and see if I'm just scared and there is no worry or if my vision is actually correct as I peer upside down in the center storage. I don't trust my eyes for sure. You are correct in that the new boats have recesses trays and since the hulls are identical there should be the same amount of room up front. That would sure make my life easier if I could have a recessed tray. I like my trolling motor right now if I can lower the pedal and maybe tame some of the quick turns it makes in current. Most people want a loose turning shaft but it is a major pain in current over 1.5 mph I'll promise. Thanks guys.:wink

allimax

tame some of the quick turns it makes in current. Most people want a loose turning shaft but it is a major pain in current over 1.5 mph I'll promise. Thanks guys.:wink
I've read some real good reviews on this product.
http://www.trollperfect.com/Pages/default.aspx

Personally, I would like to fill in the hole were my foot peddle is, ditch the MG, and do what RedAllison did. I used a MK Autopilot for years when my kids were little and it was great to be able to point the boat into the wind (or up stream) roll the speed to hold me still and tie them up. Now the kids are big & I've found myself doing the same thing with the wife. MK spot Lock / anchor, it's for me...............