HEEEEEEELLLLLLP!!!!!!....continued

John S

heres the deal, my hotfoot doesnt have enough travel to pull the throttle arm WOT. There is a cam on it that doesnt adjust. the arm on the motor wont even hit the adjustment screw. The way I see it in the manual, first you set the barrel to get your idle, and........? What am I not seeing. HELP!!!!! Thanks-John

badbait

John,

Did you find the adjust down on the foot throttle itself. I made some adjustments there so that I could get enough throw to get full throttle and still come back to idle on my motor.

John S

Well, I dont see how to adjust anything, cause the linkage is hard to see. Im gonna take the mounting screws out right now, so I can see whats going on. But I will need a lot of adjustment to make up the travel on the motor. Thank you very much for the help.
John

badbait

John,

I don't keep my boat at home so I can't go out and look at it but what I remember is that there is an adjustment that lets the hot foot have all the throw you will need. I can't remember but it may be on the cable itself.

John S

Are you talking about the bolt on the frame of the hotfoot, because my pedal doesnt even reach that. The pedal connects to an arm that is attached to the cable and spring. As far as I can tell, the cable has no adjustment there, am I wrong? The pedal is stopped by that arm when it reaches the top of the raceway in the arm. This has got to be much simpler than Im making it, but any adjustment I make back at the motor will have me idling at about 2000 rpms ( talk about an in-gear start :shock:).Thanks again for the help-John

John S

:shock: Now Im more confused than ever.....Is there a chance my cable is strecthed? At the hotfoot, there is about an inch of the cable covered in grease that will slide into the cable jacket if I take it off the pedal. Boy am in a mess.

jimmyb

the cable travel should be about 3" to get you the full stroke of the throttle arm linkage

make a mark on the cable at the hotfoot end at full idle, step on the pedal to WOT and measure how much travel there is... should be around 3"

it is pretty unlikely that your cable is stretched that severly to limit your throttle opening

JR

Hot Foot Problem

Mine did the same thing [and messed up my vacation] and I found that the throttle cable made a loop beside the gas tank. The looped cable wore through the outside covering of the throttle cable and the covering formed a large wrinkle that allowed over an inch of slack in the cable. I ordered a new cable from Bill at Allison.
JR

John S

finally got her all figured out. Damn, I felt like a dog chasin its tail goin from up front then back to the motor about 100 times. Thanks for the help-John S

John S

Why wont this thing pull past 6 grand? :x I know that the linkage is opening all the way now, I think Ive got it to take a good set, but with the throttle mashed, it wont pull past the 6g mark@ 84.7mph. Does anyone run a xt4 30p on an xbo2? I would love to hear your experience. It all seems to be goin great until 6g where it just stops movin. If I got a ddt to use, what should I look for? Thanks-John S

fishnfireman

John,

What mtr are you having trouble with :?:
There are several things that will limit the rpms on different motors at diferent rpms.

I had a 280 that got put back in the break in mode. which will limit the rpms.
All you have to do is put it in and out of gear 10 times within 60 seconds with the key on to put it back to break in. But it will have to have several hours under load before the limiter will turn it loose again.

If it does not have enough water pressure it will limit the rpm.

Or it could be the TPI or the air intake butterfly not opening all the way.

But it almost sounds like the rev limiter is kicking in for some reason.

If it is back in break in mode it will show that on a DDT

John S

I have a 200xs. It should be through breakin mode. I ran it with a stopwatch, so I would think that im out of it by now. Im going off of the time period in the manual. Maybe a 30p is too much. Ive got a 23p tempest a buddy gave me for a beater prop, so I might try it next time out. That should spin to the limiter for sure I would think. Hey, at least Im on the water, this is the fun part. Thanks fnf-John S

Ive raised the shaft to even with the pad on the last time out from 1/4 down with no change other than the attitude being a little flatter feeling.

fishnfireman

The Allison hull runs so free that with some mtrs (I know the 280 and the 225 Pmax) It will not register as being under a load.. You will have to run a couple hrs with the mtr trimmed down to convince the ecu it's under a load........

I don't know if thats your problem but it would not be the first time that an Allison would not come out of break in mode even if it had the hrs.