Hello All From CarolinaBurt/CB/Gordon

CarolinaBurt

Guys, I have been busy with other interest and time flies. It's been years since I visited. I thought I'd come on and say hello to all of the "old guys". I'm still fishing on the weekends and terrorizing the neighbors with the same XB2002 and Merc SS.

Hope all is well and I'll come back to check on you guys.

Best Regards,
Gordon/CB

ALLISONMAN

HEY BURT where ya been dude!!! good to see ya and glad ya still have ya boat!!! you need to come watch an odba race this year!!!! and make some time for the rally this year in june!!! i hope to have some hotel info within a week or two so hopefully you can make some plans!

RedAllison

Welllll its about time you came slinkin back in here! :wink:

Was wonderin what was up and how ya been, glad to see ya still part of "da family" and terrorizin the lake as usual.
RA

K

Kevin from FL

Dang Burt, it has been a long time. Good to see ya back.

David Shook

Carolina Burt,
Never got to meet you man, I live in Hendersonville, and have a place on Kelly Creek, I run out of Gap Hill Landing and don't know of many Allison's down our way, I will be doing some testing on Crow Creek in the next month or so , give me a shout back and maybe we can get together!
Shook

CarolinaBurt

Red, Jerry, Kevin, I've been doing great. I've got my own business and what started out of my home 4 years ago has grown to 2 offices and 5 people working full-time. It's the most fun I've had in 30 years with regards to work.

I've been restoring motorcycles in my spare time and don't know when I've last watched TV or got bored. The wife and I got certified for scuba diving and just since August logged 22 dives in before winter.

I've written some articles on bike restorations, but nothing on the boats since the Bass and Walleye days. I plan on keeping this Alli for a long time, so I'll be welcome here/ :)

David, I live right across from Gap Hill. In fact, if you drove straight across the lake - you'd see a 59 foot house boat white/green sitting next to a dock. I'm in the back of the slew at the top of the hill. You guys wake my a$$ up about every Saturday blasting off at 6 AM......keep 'em coming, best alarm I've ever heard.

Regards,
Gordon

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Hey Gordon!! Great to see you back again. Y'know it's all YOUR fault that I got involved with this crew in the first place! :lol: Remember years ago, you saw me surfing around the net looking for answers on how to drive my first Allison and pointed me to this board?

Now I am a certeefied "inbred cousin" :lol: Ask anybody

Great to have you back, man. 8)

CarolinaBurt

2fast, you already had the boat so I'm not taking all of the blame for getting you hooked....Now for this crowd, maybe I do owe your wife an apology...

:)

I'm glad you guys are enjoying these great boats. The local Greenville boat show was this last weekend. I have yet to see a Merc HiPerf motor at the show, certainly not a SS model, and never an Allison. I think this qualifies us as "strange" since we are different (read twisted, not normal, un-conforming, unusual). That would describe most of us, right?

Regards,
Gordon

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Gordon, you're right on the money there.

If there's one thing there's no shortage of in this "family".....you could say it's "personalities"!

Not one flat-liner here when it comes to opinions, ideas, or going faster!

Best regards,

Lou

David Shook

CarolinaBurt,
I appreciate you letting me know where you're located, I'll look you up when I get back down, Rocky Foster over at Gap Hill Landing is a good friend , so I'm over there a lot, looking forward to meeting you and check out that boat!
I hope to start making some serious practice runs within the month, maybe you could join us?

Shook

CarolinaBurt

David, I haven't pulled the trolling motor off and made a 95 + mph run in years. I mostly fish in the Spring/Summer on Sunday mornings when the lake is calm. Saturdays and Sunday afternoons get dangerous for the fast crowd due to all of the larger boat traffic. Several times I've tried to make a run in what I thought was calm water only to see a 3 foot roller show-up 100 foot in front of me left by one of the many deck boats or larger runabouts. It should be ok this time of year, but I normally don't play in traffic. I also don't have a dock on the as my house is 284 feet above the lake. We keep our pontoon moored at the marina while the Allison gets parked safely in the heated garage.

Drop me a PM and I'll leave a phone number. I would like to come over and watch/say hello.

Best Regards,
Gordon

CarolinaBurt

David, I was at that race - both days. If you followed Glenn and Tony to dinner after the Seneca race on Saturday - then you did meet me. I hosted dinner for both teams at my home. We ate big ole juicy Buckhead ribeyes that we grilled on my deck. I think we had 21 Allison people over and 23 steaks! I wish the races would come back as promised by the Chamber of Commerce, but I doubt that's going to happen. I'll shoot you a mail.

Regards,
Gordon

catfish123

Hey Gordon...................WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!