Help me out fellas 15" drive shaft measurment

dubmoney

Does anyone have a lower unit for a 15" mid 2.5 mercury sitting around they can measure the drive shaft length. The measurment I need to confirm it the length of the drive shaft measured from the top of the waterpump.

dubmoney

Mine measures 16 9/16" . The reason I am asking is because I had a 20" shaft cut down and resplined for my 15" mid and it seems like it is 1" to long.

90 5.0

Why do you think it's too long? Sometimes the splines won't go all the way up and it stops an inch or so short if it's not lined up right.

With it up try having someone else hold it or wrap a ratchet strap around it in gear and turn drive shaft and see if it pops in place correctly.

I also bump the starter sometimes to pop it up, but that can be dangerous can try that if you are confident, pull kill first though.

dubmoney

Ok I got it mounted up. Ran it yesterday, and all is good. Thanks for checking guys, I didn't want to force it and break something.

dubmoney

It's going great Gary!! I put a solid hour on the new gearcase last night and it ran really nice!! I know you are making good on your promise to have your allison at the next war?

SLOmofo

Well I believe my case is the last one done by Titus, it's on it's way or already in Havazoo. Hopefully put together with tender loving car by Joe, Dave's partner. Havasu Hot Laps. The engine is going to go together this fall/winter then put on the new dyno. We'll see if I can get it done before the WAR2017. I'll have to learn to drive it all over again, hopefully it wont throw me out again.100_1338.JPG Door stops in the commode. Bat Cave, Havazoo Az.