Help understanding how to adjust a manual jackplate

Bobalouie

Can someone please explain how the manual allison jackplate works? I am trying to figure out how to raise my engine and I cant figure out which screws to turn or how to do it. I got the four bolts that hold the two plate halves together loose, I just cant figure out how to make the plate go up.

BP1

1. Loosen the side bolts and bottom nuts.

2. Draw (raise) the plate up by turning the upper nuts clockwise (make sure to do this equally from side to side).

3. Tighten bottom nuts and side bolts.

Making a hash mark on the nuts can help to keep the adjustments even.
If memory serves, each full turn of the nut is an 1/8 of an inch adjustment.

Last edited:

DragAlly02

Did bill not have that thing set up good ?,, I heard that that was one of the fastest xb2002 in the country..

Mike

edgerat

last I heard the way Bill had it setup it would run 104+ with the 280 on it and he didn't want to raise it anymore.

Bobalouie

It was set up alright, but when we changed the midsections on it before I bought it, I did a math miscalculation and had us a bit below the pad instead of 3/8" above. I noticed it looked a little low when I was installing the Stainless Manual trim indicator. I got a hold of Bill on the phone and he walked me thru the adjustment, and now I have it set at 1/8" above since I will be learning for a while.

The 104 was with a 22p drag prop, if I remember correctly. He gave me his setup book as well, and it has all his timeslips in it. I saw quite a few low to mid 90's passes in the quarter, so its pretty quick. Probably pretty fast as well, but I wont find out for a while.

Last edited:

DragAlly02

did you put a 15 inch on it ? You have a sweet rig fooorsure
It was set up alright, but when we changed the midsections on it before I bought it, I did a math miscalculation and had us a bit below the pad instead of 3/8" above. I noticed it looked a little low when I was installing the Stainless Manual trim indicator. I got a hold of Bill on the phone and he walked me thru the adjustment, and now I have it set at 1/8" above since I will be learning for a while.

The 104 was with a 22p drag prop, if I remember correctly. He gave me his setup book as well, and it has all his timeslips in it. I saw quite a few low to mid 90's passes in the quarter, so its pretty quick. Probably pretty fast as well, but I wont find out for a while.

Bobalouie

No, its a 20" Offshore, I like the looks of the 15", but I dont like how low it sits in the water. I may get a 15" one of these days just for kicks, but for now, I am just happy to be sitting in an Allison w/ a 280. Plus, I couldnt have bought it from a better guy. Bill is good people, thats for sure.