Here ya go Red!!!

BigRedAlli

Lane Kiffin, 33, replaces Phillip Fulmer, who was forced out after 17 seasons as Vols coach. Fulmer won a national championship in 1998 but had two losing seasons in the last five years, including a 4-7 mark this year.
Whatcha think?

hack02

They are trying to put together a pretty good staff. Wait and see I guess. One thing about it; he has alot of ties on the west coast so he should be able to pull some talent from out there. Recruiting is everything in college ball these days. I still don't know enough about him to pass judgement.

RedAllison

X2 what Steve said.

BUT one GOOD thing about it, FATBOY GONE!!! :beer:

ANYTHING bettern nothing, :gone fishing
RA

Crazyoz

Banned
Ole fat boy was one of the best coaches the SEC has ever seen but he has lost control and respect and it was time for him to go about 3 or 4 years ago. Kiffin is young (33) and in my opinion taking him is taking a big chance. On the other hand the guy did a awsome job at USC for 7 years and I pretty sure you are going to see his dad come along too. That is a big plus his dad will be a hall of famer D-fensive coodenator for the Tampa Bay bucks. I heard we have a running back coach that is going to come back and get on board too. It may all be all right in the end. No doubt it was time for a change but if you dont get ride of everybody it will be hard to get the change that is needed. Example Ervin Myer (Florida) Nick Saben (Alabama) they cleaned house and look what it has done for them. Going to be one hell of an SEC championship game.

RedAllison

X1,000,000 what Rickster said! :beer: I DID like and respect Fulmer but agree he shoulda done the right thing and left 3-4 years ago and retire with a legacy and respect in tact. I also agree... CLEAN HOUSE. We need a COMPLETELY new start from the ticket office too the AD. I just hope we don't jack around and end up with Fulmer at AD in a couple years time. :embarassed

Yeah 33 is a lil young to handover one of the biggest and most storied football programs in the nation. But he's certainly got experience with "the big leagues" and being young and having need more bitin him in the ace might just stoke his fires to do a bang up job. Sometimes once you getta coach over 50 whose already a multi-millionaire and "set in his ways" you run just a big of a chance getting the same ol same ol, stick in the mud and spend more time making up for their bad habits when instead you could be putting that energy back into the program and kids.

Gonna be a interesting few years seeing what happens up on the hill, :at the bar
RA

Last edited:

Crazyoz

Banned
Yep going to be interesting for a few years but I hope it goes in the right direction. We sure could use a little good news for a change to get all this bitterness that has been left for us to swallow out. Man I hope he can recruit like they think he is going too. Remeber how big USC`s recievers where and still are. Man that would be awsome with some of the running backs we already get. We would have an offense. Through in a defense that does not include the old zone that we have been playing for years and I think the BIG ORANGE will be just fine.

RedAllison

CAN'T be no worse a chance than leavin Fatboy inda drivers seat!

I hear Croom is now available, :razz :big grin
RA